[104] The Game Plan

Chapter 104

Andy awoke slowly, aware of the snoring that could rival a cave full of bears. The next thing he became aware of was that there was a heavy weight around his waist...and for that matter, over his lower body.

Slowly opening his eyes, the sight was also not that of his own room, but it was still a familiar room. Looking down, he discovered that the weight around his waist was a big muscular arm. Further down, a ginormous leg was draped over his own.

Still half-asleep, he felt comfortable to stay where he was. Actually, he didn't want to get up. It felt good, especially when the warmth behind him grew when the huge body behind him got closer to his.

Gradually, his groggy mind cleared, and he sighed. He wanted to stay like this forever. He felt safe here. In this idiot's arms, in this idiot's king-sized bed, in this idiot's more-than-familiar room; there was a safety that everything was okay.

There was just too much going on outside that being here in this room he was very familiar with felt almost like he was going back to the times where things were going good. His brother hadn't been shot, Phil hadn't been hit so hard he'd had amnesia, Billy hadn't gone into a coma-like state, Josh had only been to jail once...when was the drama going to stop for them?

He sighed when his consciousness answered that question. It wasn't going to end. Because life was a bitch.

"Don't think about it." Andy nearly jumped out of his skin when that gravelly voice entered his thoughts. He'd been so wrapped up in them that he hadn't noticed that Gabe's snoring had subsided.

"Huh?" was all he said, his only response in his surprise.

"Whatever you're thinking about, don't think about it." Gabe grumbled. He flipped Andy over so that he was facing him and pulled him close with a groan.

Facing Gabe's chest, Andy hated the fact that getting even closer to the guy made him feel more safe, as if the guy's arms around him shielded everything bad from happening. He hated it because he knew his friends--those as close as brothers--didn't have the same thing as him. They didn't have anyone to make them feel safe like this.

"How did you know?" Andy asked against Gabe's broad chest.

Gabe breathed in so deep that Andy felt that chest push against his face. Then Gabe let out the breath. "You were sighing so hard I thought one of your lungs was going to pop out."

It was quiet after that. Andy almost thought Gabe had went back to sleep. But then Gabe cleared his throat. "What time is it?" He asked.

"I don't know." And the only way he would have found out is if he got up and out of Gabe's arms. He didn't want to.

Gabe grunted. "Does it look like it's daytime?"

Andy opened his eyes and looked past the boy's strong jaw, past his big, straight nose, to the closed eyes, his long eyelashes resting on his cheeks like dark half moons. "You could probably see more than I can." He said.

Gabe grunted again. "Don't wanna open my eyes."

The silence took over again.

Until one of their phones rang. Andy couldn't tell since they had the same ringtone--compliments of Adam. For some reason, he thought it was a good idea for them to have couple ringtones.

Gabe didn't move, and when Andy went to get up and get it, Gabe wouldn't let him.

So the phone stopped ringing.

It was quiet for all of five seconds. Then the same ringtone went off again, except from a different part of the room.

It must have been one of the boys. Or one of their fathers.