Addiction

Berkeleys POV

It was the last day of tour. I craved the feeling of being high. I missed how the alcohol burned my throat as it went down. But I promised dad that I wouldn't do it anymore. And I didn't know how to hide it. I wanted that feeling again. I couldn't wait to see Aiden. He said there was a party a few days after I got home. I already asked dad and he's still unsure about it. We all walked out on stage. I started American Idiot.

A few hours later

We walked off stage. I grabbed a bottle of water. I was ready to go home. I was ready to see Aiden. I was ready for the party and get messed the fuck up. We all got on the plane back home.

Two hours later

We arrived home. I wasn't all that tired. I went up to my room and watched tv. I was ready for the party that was in two days. Only dad still hadn't said anything.

Two days later

Billie's POV

I had decided to let Berkeley go to the party. Hopefully she knew better than to drink. I saw her walk down. "Hey Berkeley I've decided that you can go tonight." I said. She smiled. "Thanks dad." She said as she hugged me.

That night

Berkeleys POV

Mine and Aidens hands were intertwined together. "Here we are." He said. He handed me a beer. I was happy to be drinking again. Almost a year without anything and I finally had my reward. "Aiden only drinking for me tonight. My dad knew about last time." I said. "Oh come on babe just one blunt." He said. "Fine one but just a small one." I said.

A few hours later

"Hey man come take a hit from our gravity bong." Some dude said. I did. I pushed down and the smoke shot up into my lungs. It felt so good. I grabbed my fourth or fifth beer. The alcohol smoothly went down my throat. It felt so good.

Four hours later

Tres POV

I went to pick up Berkeley from the party at the beach. I looked for her and I saw her on the ground. I walked over. She was passed out drunk. I couldn't let Billie see her like this. If I did he wouldn't let her go out anymore. I guess her boyfriend ditched her or went off and passed out somewhere else. I picked up Berkeley I could smell alcohol and weed. I put her in the car. I then text Billie before I drove off. "Hey I'm just gonna take Berkeley to my place since it's closer. She's exhausted." I said. "Ok I'll pick her up tomorrow Tre." He said. I then drove her to my house. I looked at Berkeley. She was still asleep. We arrived at my house. "I thought you were bringing Berkeley to Billie's house?" Sara said. "Well that's before I knew she was drunk. And well if Billie knows about this he's not gonna let her go out anymore." I said. I put her on the couch. I walked into the kitchen to get her a glass of water. I shook her I little bit. "Hey Berkeley drink this." I said. She mumbled and tried grabbing that glass. She finally grasped it and drank the water. She than passed back out. Yea she was drunk.

The next morning

Berkeleys POV

My head was pounding. I felt like I just got hit in the head with a hammer. I felt sick to my stomach. I laid back down. I then noticed I wasn't in my house. I didn't know where I was. "Berkeley are you ok?" Mickey asked. "Oh yea Mickey I'm fine just tired." I said. He then went back up to his bed. I rubbed my eyes. I saw uncle Tre on the chair in the dining room. I went over and woke him up. "Oh hey Berkeley what's up?" "You probably should get in bed with Aunt Sara." I said. "You feeling ok?" He asked. I then felt myself running for the bathroom. "And that's what I call a hangover." Uncle Tre said. I just looked at him. I got up and washed my mouth out with water. "Please don't tell dad." I asked. "I'm not. I just told him you where dead tired so I was just gonna take you to my house." "Thanks uncle Tre." I said while hugging my uncle. I walked back to the couch and fell asleep. I thought about getting a beer if uncle Tre has any but considering he didn't tell dad I'm not. I coughed a little. "Damn that gravity bong really got to me." I said. I was probably gonna be messed up for a week or so after that. But it felt so good. So did being high. Although I really liked Ritalin. That was my drug. But my drug of choice is alcohol. It helps me forget things I don't want to remember. But what I did want to remember was Aiden. And all the times I was on tour and at home. I went back to sleep.

Billie's POV

I went to go get Berkeley from Tres house. I knocked on the door. A sleepy looking Tre came to the door. "Hey Tre sorry if I woke you up, is Berkeley awake?" I asked. He shook his head and let me in. She was passed out on the couch. I smelled her breath. It didn't smell like alcohol and she didn't smell like weed either so she kept the end of her deal. "Thanks for letting her stay here for the night Tre." "It's no problem man." Tre said as he poured himself some coffee. Suddenly Berkeley shot up from the couch and looked around. "Ready to go sleepy head?" I said. She shook her head so I took that as I need to wake up some first.

A few minutes later

Me and Berkeley got into the car. "So how was the party?" "It was good dad." She said. "That's good, was Aiden there?" "Yea." She said. "Berkeley I hate to say this but I don't think Aiden is really your type. I mean he did get you in trouble y'know." I said. She stayed quiet. I took that as I'm just not gonna listen. We got home. We both walked into the house. The dogs attacked me and Berkeley.

Berkeleys POV

I went up to my room. I craved  a blunt right about now. I didn't really care right now for a beer I just wanted some water. I walked back downstairs and got a glass of water. Dad has gone out to the studio so it was just me and mom. I walked to the living room and sat with mom. "How was the party last night?" "It was pretty good mom. I had fun." I said. "That's good." Me and mom talked and talked until dad got home. I had this pain in my chest but I didn't pay much attention to it. After the day was done I went to bed. It was boring being sober but I have to act normal like nothing happened that night.