C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X

• CHAPTER TWENTY SIX •
ACT OF WAR
••••♛••••

I got out the carriage, greeted by the generals of Sigil warmly.

"How you all holding up?"

"We are fine your majesty. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to keep you protect, don't ever doubt that." One of generals who I had assigned to take over Higgam position temporary said. His name was Hastings I believe, and Casey recommended him and said Higgam would have wanted him to do it.

"I never doubted that. Any word from Harvey?" I asked.

"Unfortunately no. Where ever he has gone he is covering his tracks pretty well."

Sounds like Harv. I missed them all.

"I came to invite you all to my engagement ball. I hope some of you could be there." I ask them.

"It would be our honour your majesty."

I excused myself and travelled to the slippery slopes on the jagged mountain that Harv used to come to think and stared out, lost in thought.

Where did it all go wrong?

It felt liked I was at the tip of something, I just couldn't see what It was yet, and for the first time I was scared.

Because I was alone.

I felt a war coming, and I didn't even know how I could win it with just me. I touched the rock thinking about the effects it had on me. I just didn't understand...

••••••••

The fire festival festivities would begin tonight, and me and Fabien would officially celebrate our engagement. I wanted it to go as smooth as possible and wasn't in the mood of anything happening.

The fire festival was a celebration of the fire elements, it meant rebirth...burning away the bad and starting anew and everyone celebrates it to honour the fire powers that existed long ago.

Now only I possess all 4 elements, including fire, but long ago there where fractions of people in highlander who could wield fire. They've long disappeared- their powers lost generation after generation.

But all that where high society in Highlander- and now Outlander, where invited to this celebration party at the palace and I didn't need headache.

Today would be the first time me and Fabien would visit the people of Highlander and Outlander together.

The festival of fire would be celebrated together for the first time in 15 years, so my nerves were all over the place, and clearly Fabien could sense it.

"Are you as nervous as me?" He asked.

"Can you tell."

"Nope. Then again we were born to hide are feelings, can't blame you."

"I'm just worried. We haven't celebrated the festival of fire in more than a decade, things running without hiccups would be a blessing- no to mention I know for a fact the council can't be trusted and will attend to ruin things."

"We must show a united front. Things will be fine as long as we look fine." He muttered, making me feel a little better.

"Just think of this as our second date, I'm sure that would make it easier." He joked. I smiled, but I was actually feeling giddy at the thought, if anything I felt a little more intimated and nervous when he said that.