C H A P T E R F I V E

• CHAPTER FIVE •
MOUNT SIGIL
••••♛••••

I eyed the tress that slowly passed me by, hypnotised by their beauty.

Every time I took this dirt road I was always amazed at how stunning it was- it held so much  life and brightness, almost like it was drawn to perfection.

Even the sun looked part of the scenery, completing the picture that people could only see in their wildest dreams.

I slowed Tim down as we came to a stop and arrived at the end of the road, that bled into a shelter of more tress. People who took this way mistook it as a dead end, it was actually a barrier of protection to the most beautiful place ever seen.

Tim neighed and shook underneath me as small vibration began radiating from the ground, a sign that the gateway was being opened. I jumped of Tim slowly and stroked his head, trying to sooth him while leading him deeper into the fleeting tress.

The ground began to split, diving the tress with it, making way to a road made of fresh green grass that went all the way into a huge arch made of rock.

The entrance to Mount Sigil.

The entrance to Home.

We advanced forward, entering the guards post as a group of soldiers wearing heavy armour and sporting my fathers royal family crest, approached me, bowing down in front of me in respect.

One of them stood out, with dark brown hair covered in light brown highlights. He was taller than the others, and was in the front bowing deeper than the rest.

I would know him anywhere, and seeing him now I only just realised how much I missed him.

"At ease- it's been a long time won't you let me see your faces?" I asked as they all rise from their position, staring at me with so much warmth. They were my family- the only people I could trust completely with my life.

The Sigil Army commanders slapped their chest in respect to me, reminding me of how much honour these men truly had. They were the best of the best, training and being raised in this mystical mountain that contained and protected many secrets.

No one could find them if the Army didn't want you to find them, and I had been raised here for more than half my life when my mother took over the palace.

"My Princess, you look...older." Holgan said stepping forward. I smiled before turning to all the men.

"Your Dismissed." I ordered At they bowed one last time and dispersed. I stared at my childhood best friend, slapping him on the arm.

"Really Holgan? It's been 3 years, those are your first words for me."

"What am I to say?" He asked with a smile, moving forwards to take my hands in his, leading me and Tim slowly.

"How happy you are to see me..."

"Does it need to be said, My Princess?"

"Damn. You never change." I replied laughing at loud for the first time in...3 years.

Tim moved towards Holgan, rubbing his head near the top of his and neighing for attention.