C H A P T E R S E V E N

• CHAPTER SEVEN •
A SUN WILL RISE
••••♛••••

I tightened my grip around the blade, flipping it onto the other hand before charging towards Holgan.

It lightly skimmed his ear as he intercepted it bending my hands behind my back tightly and pulling me in a sort of deathly back hug. I kicked him on his foot, with my heel, before punching him in the face with my elbow and flipping the knife again to my other hand and aimed it to the side of his head, hitting him with the back of my blade.

Bullseye.

"You have amazing one on one technique." He whispered before letting me go. I laughed at his compliment.

"And you should try harder, your suppose to be protecting me." I joked.

"Okay, calm down Your Majesty, you only just started beating me."

I walked towards the weapon wall and placed the dagger back, wiping the sweat off my forehead. I've kept low at Mount Sigil, gathering information about the councils moves since my mothers assassination.

Just like Minster Kelling predicted, it was a race of who would get to the crown first, and so far he hasn't made a move.

And that had me worried.

I was waiting on Grand General Higgam, to come back so I could consult him, I was scared to make decisions on my own right now, and needed all the help I could get.

Higgam was like a father to me, he was fathers personal guard-as well as the leader of the Sigil Army.

I am who I am today because of him.

Hell, I'm alive today because of him.

I felt a light touch on my neck as Holgan came to stand next to me.

"What you thinking about right now?"

"When is your dad is coming back. I need his help."

"Really? I think you know what you should do. My father won't always be here to guide you, your going to be a Queen- trust your instincts."

"I don't know..."

"3 years ago you left as the only legitimate heir to the throne- leaving any protection you had here to go out with your own mission and plans." He turned to face me, his eyes going soft.

"We all tried to talk you out of it, but here you are- with a ton a information in your arsenal proving it was the right choice. You can do it Aura. This is your birthright." He told me softly, giving me a new found strength in myself.

He was right. I needed to stop doubting myself. I wasn't a kid anymore. 

"Your right. You sound so much like your father right now."

"Yeah well, he is right 90% of the time." He chuckled, turning to leave the training room.

"Have you patched things up with Harv?"

"I'm assuming he's told you about his...phase."

"I don't think it's a phase Holgan. He seems serious about this, maybe you should give him a chance."