C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

• CHAPTER NINETEEN •
A HIDDEN FOE
••••♛••••

Our quest in search of finding somewhere to hide the sick Highlanders bough us somewhere very unexpected.

"Coastal palace?" Fabien repeated.

Higgam nodded leaning over his map of Highlander and Outlander together.

"I haven't been there in years." He muttered.

"No one has, it's actually perfect." Jax said moving closer to hear Higgams plan.

Higgam was a master strategist, no wonder his plans always where the best, his latest suggestion to Fabien had been for him to go back to his abandoned childhood home, Costal Palace.

"You can keep them contained down the prison cells in the palace, and it should be big enough to house you all there as well."

Fabien nodded, signalling Jax to go and get everything ready.

With just the three of us in the room Higgam looked at both of us with a sombre expression.

"Higgam?"

"I hate to say this, but we have a mole."

I looked at Fabien, worried about having this conversation.

"Do you have any idea who it is."

"No, but it's not a foot solider, this is someone very high up and very close to us." He says, his face passive.

"Why do you say that."

"Because they haven't completely destroyed us yet. They care about what happens to us enough to hold back important information..."

"Like the rebel base exact coordinates..." Fabien says.

"...or the fact that I was even there." I whisper.

Higgam nodded.

"It's impossible you were followed to those tunnels. But somebody wanted it found..."

"You think they wanted to buy us time to escape?" I ask, as Higgam nodded.

"This is all theory, of course, but I can't understand. If it was really a malicious mole, why stall for time. Why haven't they told the council about Outlanders hiding at Mount Sigil? It's been 3 weeks."

I nod understand what Higgam meant.

"So the mole is with Sigil?" Fabien asked.

"Not necessarily..."

"Your saying it could be one of my men." Fabien asked Higgam.

"I'm saying it could be you..." Higgam says.

You could hear a pin drop. I looked at Fabien in silence, just as he chuckles.

"It could be, but it's not." He says, his eyes not wavering once from mine.

He was either telling the truth, or was a very good liar.

"Just keep on eye on everyone Higgam." I say finally looking away from Fabien.

"Already done." He says nodding. I think about what Higgam just said.

"I hope it's not you Fabien." I say before looking at him again.

"I though you trusted me." He asks his eyebrows raised.

"Yes, which is why it's going to hurt me 100% more if it is you- I'm going against everything I've been taught to make this alliance between us work. I'm trusting you Fabien..."