C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N

• CHAPTER FOURTEEN •
THE OUTLANDER KING
••••♛••••

It had been a whole day since I've been trapped in this cell, and it was doing my head in.

The asshole only came back two times to throw bread at my head to eat, and I hadn't touched it. I don't know if it was anger or fatigue, but I slept a lot, and on the second day of being caught I woke up with shackles on.

How did I sleep through that.

I eyed the shackles, really tempted to just break out of them.

They wouldn't hold me, I could be out of these in seconds- but I needed them to trust me, my plan was to be a good girl and hopefully get through this.

Tough guy came back opening the cell door, and it took my all to not kick his ass. He grabbed me from the floor, pushing me out of the cell as him and a few man led me down a dingy tunnel looking setting. It felt like we were underground, definitely not at The Wall.

Holgan must be about to lose it right now.

We enter a main room, with a series of chairs and a handful of people were all there, standing and talking just as we came in.

"Kneel." I heard my prisoner ask me.

"I kneel to no one. Besides...that's a bit dramatic don't you think." I tell him. As I heard mutters from our audience.

"Kneel, or I'll make you." He says.

"Go to hell." I spit out.

He raised his hands higher ready to strike me as the door opened and a group of people walked in.

In front of them was a man, who had a commanding aura about him. He had to be Prince Fabien, I know royalty when I see it. Everyone went quiet when he appeared and they all bowed their head low as he walked passed them all.

The man walked over and sat at the chair in front of me, where I could finally see him in the light. He had his long hair pulled into a ponytail revealing a sharp face that was masculine but smooth at the same time. His brown eyes shown with curiosity and weariness as he was assessing the situation.

"Who is she." He asks his hazel eyes boring into mine. I recognised him. When I was little and our father would visit each other, we would often be allowed to play together and chase each other around. He has certainly grown, gone was the awkward, freckled scrawny kid.

He was now a man.

He kept his eyes on me intensely, making me wonder did he recognised me. I doubt it, it's been years.

"We found her you highness, spying at or secret base." The guy said.

"And you bring her here, Why?"

"She's not normal my king, her hands and gown are of high quality, and she refuses to divulge her identity, plus I found this on her." He explains, handing over the dagger he took from me.

Fabien looked at it in the light, his face confused, before a glint of what I think is...hope appeared in his eyes.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Someone who has been looking for you." I answer.

"Every Highlander is looking for me, your no different." He says.

"I didn't come for trouble, really." I explain.

"Really? Sneaking and spying- isn't troublesome?" He asks, before looking at my dagger again.