C H A P T E R T W E L V E

• CHAPTER TWELVE •
FINDING A KING 
••••♛••••

"We need to find the Outlander King. I'm running out of time." I tell Holgan, as we get to the study.

The truth was Kelling was playing a chess game, and the reason he had the upper hand and could fight me head on is because he had the support of 80% of the ministers and the people trusted him more then me.

"I'm trying your majesty but he doesn't want to be found." Holgan says, taking out his pod.

I leaned down against my fathers desk, tracing the intricate carvings of the Great War that had been etched on. All the best memories of my father where of him sitting on this table, discussing strategies and way to solidify his rule.

"Father once told me; every king and queen has the duty to win the trust of his people. He explained to me, even though this crown was put on me since I was born, I still had to earn the right to not have it taken from me." I looked up at Holgan as he smiled.

"He was a king to be admired." He commented. As I nodded.

"The people don't trust me, that's why I'm losing. I need to fix this problem with the outlanders. The only way to do that is to find King Fabien, I need a truce with his people- so that we can stop this in-pending war, have a little normalcy!" I say frustrated.

"They sourced our medical supplies, half of our farming, they helped fund many community projects- we need to be on good terms with them again so our resources can circulate better." I said

"We are doing out best, My Queen." Holgan says, coming towards me, stroking my arms, tenderly.

"I know, but I'm going to need you to do better. You can't find him, because your looking for him as an enemy. He is doing what he thinks is right for his people, I've heard about him. He won't come forward, until we do."

I turn towards the table, sitting down on the chair.

"If I'm going to earn my crown. I'll need to find the King myself." I say to myself, sighing in annoyance. I turned to Holgan who seemed busy typing away on his pod.

"What were you thinking?" I ask curious.

"Pardon?"

"During the subject of merging armies."

"I think...what you said is right..." He says replied carefully.

"But..." I question

"But it doesn't help you to keep us separated. It's hard, strategically it's safer for you and it's honestly worked really well this way for years...but it doesn't look good on your image and if I'm being frank i wouldn't like it either if I wasn't a part of Sigil and understood how it works."

"Meaning?"

"To others it looks like favouritism, and your giving way to much power to one person, aka my father." He explains further, causing me to really think about it.

"Speaking of your Father, where is Higgam? I haven't heard from him at all...not even at coronation day did he come." I say sad. Higgam was the closest thing I had to a father, I was starting to get worried why no one had heard from him.

"Father is fine. He will be back in 2 days." Higgam says not offering any more details. That's how the Sigil Army worked, they were full of secrets, Fiona, Harvey and Holgan sometimes used to do months without seeing their father- that was the price of a high ranking officer who owned a secret army.

Still, I felt lost without Higgam, it had been two years and I was getting more and more lost without my teacher.

"Well, I miss him..." I say, as a knock sounded disrupting my thoughts and Ipal, with a tall, annoyed looking Harvey walk in.