C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E

• CHAPTER TWENTY ONE •
TWO LIES AND A BETRAYAL
••••♛••••

I started crying as I approached the entrance to the one place I've always wanted to call home, not happy with the circumstances.

Higgam approches me, kneeling down to look me in the eye.

"Aura, where is Lady Kenner?"

"I-I'm so sorry. I don't know what to do Higgam." I cried out, tears streaming down my face.

His face was passive, but the sadness was there in his eyes, he was trying to hide it, but he couldn't. Lady Kenner was his wife, his companion and even now Higgam was trying to keep it together. He couldn't even cry for her like I could.

He moved to pat me on my shoulder, as I shy away- scared of what I could do. Scared of what evil was in my hands that could cause so much destruction.

"Don't worry Aura. Your safe here. Your powers can't hurt anyone at this mountain, it's magical powers can suppress it- so don't be afraid."

My eyes opened slowly, as I looked around to see where I was. I sat up, as a sharp pain began at my shoulders, reminding me of the fight with the mysterious assailant that was a professional and was obviously sent here to kill me.

The aches and pains hit me all over, I couldn't even open my left eye properly as I felt how swollen it was with my hands.

This had to be the worst fight I had ever been in- and that's saying something. I sighed running through all the thoughts that was going inside my head right now.

He was soo good at fighting.

Just as good as me.

Very similar to me.

"How is that possible..." I whispered to myself.

I knew how that was possible.

If we had the same teacher...

Not to mention, my powers didn't work.

Completely useless.

There was only one place my powers never worked and that was on Mount Sigil. Higgam told me that the first day I stepped foot in there, he said the mountains would keep me safe from my powers, because they wouldn't work there.

I leaned against the plush pillow on the bed as the one thing I didn't want to acknowledge crept into my mind.

He was also the only one who knew this bit of information.

I wasn't to tell anyone about it. It was dangerous for my safety in case someone wanted to use it against me.

Which they did.

I was so confused. I didn't understand anything.

Or maybe I understood everything perfectly, and didn't want to accept it. I looked out of the window, the morning sun was rising behind the horizon, so far away yet the picture filled my whole window.