C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N

• CHAPTER SEVENTEEN •
A TRUST BETWEEN NATIONS
••••♛••••

I felt a pressure on my head as I opened my eyes. I grabbed the hand and twisted it, using my other arm to tighten around the persons neck.

"Aura! Stop." I head Holgan say.

"Holgan?" I loosen my hands and saw Fiona gasping for air.

"Fiona! Oh my god I'm sorry!" I say quickly letting go.

"Ouch." She says, coughing some more.

"What happened?" I asked noticing I was back in the palace, in my bedroom.

"You collapsed when I got to you. Those vermins deprived you off food, water and proper sleep for 2 days, you fainted because of exhaustion." He explains, angry.

"Where are they?"

"Father is harbouring them for now. We didn't know what to do with them." He said straight face, I could see the anger burning in his eyes though.

"Good."

"Not good! You have a lot of explaining to do...Sigil? Really Aura, you can't just bring a entire rebel base to a secret army training camp! Look what they did to you as well! I knew we couldn't trust them."

"No, he didn't do anything Holgan, he was good to me, I just overworked myself, it's my fault besides I'm a good judge of character. We can trust them." I say.

"Even so, the council is having a field day. Word is going around they found a base that might lead to the location of the rebel outlanders leaders, with you now sick- they are trying to take as much as they can from you not being there."

"How long has it been?"

"3 days." Fiona says.

"I don't get it! How did they even find them?" I ask confused.

"They were already onto them, Harv said they sent the Scouts when he was looking for you."

This was not good, it meant either two things.

They either had a mole; who was feeding the council information, or they were tracking me; and that can't be good either. If they do have a mole, that mole would now be in Mount Sigil amongst Fabiens men- which was very dangerous- and if they were tracking me- they knew of my plans to get rid of them.

"Call the council, Im going to speak with them." I told Holgan as he left the room.

"Everyone thinks I've been holed up here for five days suck right?"

"Fortunately, no one questioned it. I think as long as you were there to break up their plans they didn't care where you were.." Fiona says. 

I sat up, as Fiona helped me up to get dressed in a simple blue and black gown. Once I was ready I made my way to the throne room, meeting with my council leaders and ministers.

"What the hell is going on." I asked angry as they all bowed to me.

"Your majesty. The council found the rebel base and proceeded. We think we may have a clue-" Kelling began.

"You proceeded to attack without my knowledge and command?" I grit out.

"We had vital intel and you where unwell."

"And what if you had found them? We can not afford to go to war with them right now while there is civil unrest, we are too unstable to support ourselves, resources short and they are the only people that can offer us a short term quick fix!"