C H A P T E R N I N E

• CHAPTER NINE •
A ROSE AND A HURRICANE
••••♛••••

I looked out the window of my Fathers study taking in a view that now finally belonged to me.

I was going to be Queen.

I had made it.

At what cost?

A knock sounded and Fiona walked in, with a huge smile on her face as she came to admire the view next to me.

"We did it, and it didn't seem so hard!" She commented coming to stand next to me as the maids unpacked my suitcases and garments.

"It's not over yet. All those men are going to come for me." I said, looking out into the city beyond the walls of Gaia Palace. It looked so peaceful, calm and naturally effortless, yet buried underneath was nothing but hatred caused by misunderstandings, and evil men.

Seemed like nature to me.

"Well, they will have us to deal with." She told me, linking her arms with mine.

They certainly weren't going to get off easily.

It had been two days since I entered court- and my coronation was set to be performed 3 days from now. It's been quiet, but I took that as a sign of some serious plotting being done. Especially in the case of Kelling.

"How is Harv doing with the Pod research?" I asked her.

"They don't have much to go on yet just some rumours here and there...which I'm sure the council will be happy to fill you in on at the council meeting- have you prepared what your going to say?" Fiona asked.

"A Little. I just don't know how to play this out quite yet." I replied moving towards my fathers stone desk, that was carved with the map of the Greater Kingdoms.

"Father should be here soon to help. I'm starting to get worried no one has heard from him." I saw Fiona say with a scared expression.

"Higgam will be fine. Your father controls a entire secret 300 year old private army. He can handle himself." I try to comfort her.

"And you? How does it feel to be back home?" she asks.

I sat in my fathers chair, thinking about the memories I had here with him and about where I stood with all this.

"Painful. It's not how I imagined it would be."

"The maids said your mother never came into this room. It was always locked." Fiona told me, sitting by the window seal, her legs crossed as she tapped her foot. I recognised this pose.

"Are you about to psycho analyse me?" I ask with a smile.

"As your friend, I'm here to make sure you don't lose your sanity and that your emotionally stable to take on your role." She explains.

"I'm fine Fiona."

"Are you? I thought you said your powers could be controlled."

"They can."

"So why can't you use them?"

"I can use them. I just don't want to..."