C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - TWO

• CHAPTER TWENTY TWO •
MY OUTLANDER KING
••••♛••••

"This is ridiculous! We can not allow it." Ipal shouted at the top of his lungs, with the council members declaring behind him.

"With all due respect Minister Ipal- it's not your choice. I am going to wed the king of Outlanders." I told him, sitting on my throne. It had been a week since the attack and I was now breaking the news of my engagement with very little support.

"How do we know he didn't plan this! It could be all part of his plot." He insists, causing me to role my eyes.

"He had nothing to do with the attack- he saved my life." I tell them as they all disagreed shouting over one another.

"Your majesty! We are talking about a man who has committed treason-"

"In your eyes. Not mine. His people have suffered enough under the false claims and accusations that you and your fellow council members continue to put on them!"

"And how will the people take this news? You think they will allow you to turn highlander into joke-"

"Watch your words very carefully Minister Kim. I am your Queen and you should do well to remember that."

"You are the Queen of Highlanders not Outlander rebels, you should do well to remember that your majesty. If the people don't feel your support how will they continue to let you stay in your position without fighting you, how will you hold on to your throne and not have someone take it from you?"

I smiled. Finally Kelling shows his true colours.

"Is that a threat Minister Kelling?"

"Of course not your majesty..."

"The people will understand how important this union will be when we get; water supplies from the Outlander purification sources. Medicines and cures from Outlanders knowledge of medicine and access to factories housing materials and food that they can share with Highlanders. We could end the famine that's been happening in the south section of the wall. It's long over due! Highlander and Outlander is stronger together." I explain.

"Your majesty, think this through. Once you announce it- it can't be undone! What about your face-"

"The people deserve to see what happened to me, and know I'm a fighter who survived it. They need to see I go through hardships too, and I will fight for the right thing regardless what it costs me."

I stood up, making my decision final.

"He has moved into the palace and expect you all to be welcoming." I say looking at them all in the eye, before stoping to stare st Kelling.

"I'm going to marry the Outlander King Fabien, and will announce it tomorrow. That's the end of this discussion. You are dismissed." I tell them, going down the steps and walking out of the throne room towards where my legs would take me.

I walked and walked, as guards followed tightly behind me- they did that now, ever since the accident.

It was suffocating.

I turned to them and raised my hands.

"Why don't you take a break. I want to be on my own." I tell them, as they nod walking back far enough away, standing on either side of the hall way.