Chapter 12

New Chapter!!! Yaaay!!! If you haven't checked it out, go back a section and look at those covers on the side and please tell me which you would click on first! It really means a lot!

And now!!!!! The great reveal of what Caleb said!! That kid... whatever will I do with him? I think I've kept you waiting long enough so here you go!!!! This one's lengthy :)

**********

"And you said you wouldn't do anything 'remotely sexual' with me," he chuckled slightly. He sounded just as breathless and affected as I imagined I would have had I been the one to speak.

He sounded every bit the asshole I had forgotten he was when I first met him.

I felt a slight whimper in the back of my mind and new it was my wolf when I felt her presence retreat once more into nothingness.

"No," I whispered.

"Oh come on, it's not that bad to lose a challenge. Especially when you lose like that," Caleb said, steadily regaining his footing and his douchebag title.

"I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU, ASSHOLE! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU JERK OFF! YOU FUCKING TEASE!" I continued shouting profanities at him and I could tell that I had lost him with the first round of name calling but I really couldn't give a monkey's poop at the moment. He had single handedly brought back my wolf and sent her away within the course of ten minutes. Something I thought only my mate or my hatred toward Bella would be able to do, and I would shoot myself before I let this heartless, inconsiderate, nincompoop, be my mate!

"Woah, Calm down," Caleb suggested in his low, slightly gravelly, and currently overly annoying voice.

"Calm down? Don't you tell me to calm down!" A cliché line, I know, but it echoed my feelings perfectly, and despite the bad word choice in my next sentence, the message was clear: "Get the fuck out of my sight!"

Caleb sighed and I could almost feel him rolling his eyes. He probably thought I was overreacting, being a typical female, a sore loser, or just completely mental.

I thought he was an asshole, a bastard, a douchebag, a jerk of inexplicable proportions, and an egoist who thought all of my pain revolved around him. And although this time he did have a helping hand, he definitely was not what I was on the verge of tears about.

A mere kiss would never reduce me to that.

Not even this one, even if it was my first kiss and he completely ruined it.

When I was younger, like most girls I had a romanticized image of what it would be like. As of last year I finally gave up my fantasies and stopped thinking about it all together.

Even with no expectations at all he managed to ruin it.

That takes skill.

A skill I positively want to slaughter him for.

But I had to stop thinking about that and start thinking of how to get my murderous intentions under control before three O'clock, whenever that may be and how to bring my wolf back again because now I knew it was possible.

Finally Caleb stood and left the room, probably acknowledging that his presence would only make me stew more.

Not that his exit did much to placate me either.

At least that encounter got me back to normal. I wasn't sulking, I wasn't bloodthirsty, I was royally pissed off the exact same way I was when I decided I wanted to move in purely for the sake of being contrary toward Caleb.