Ch. XVIII - Not A Bad Thing.

[ Chresanto. ]

One month later arrived. The appropriate time for summer to come for a closure and let another series of school, to premiere. Actually for me, I have to start my new classes in two weeks. For my senior year in college this time, I will no longer be a small forward, or you can say that I’m no longer playing basketball altogether. To me, it’s kinda fair that I want to halt that now because it’s been three years straight. That option that Ray Ray recommended me last month has been strong on my mind ever since. This is my last year and I might as well, top that off as a major that it should get my interest… hopefully I like it.

Also, I’m considering that getting a Bachelor’s probably won’t be enough for me if I wanna act. Aiming for a higher degree in a performing arts school for another set of four years may fulfill me. I can care less that I’m doing something that my ex-girlfriend is doing as well. We’re friends and we’ve been keeping it like that ever since we decided to be less of a couple, which I’m starting to say for now on. Being more of a caring kid, the phrase ‘break-up’ is my dislike. Hey, speaking of friends and relationships…

It’s going on two months that Jacob and I dated. I could be a shame for doubting but I thought this relationship wasn’t gonna last another month, because I’m really not like the other guys that cop up their innocence before marriage; and usually they could be the ones to be considered boring in this fucked up young generation. Guess Jacob didn’t lie about when he mentioned that it’s starting to be a brilliant idea when we’re together. This relationship is actually funner than I expected. We never fail to make time to hang out, or fail to draw real smiles on each other faces. Some weeks ago, we even went out on our official first date. It was something ordinary like having dinner with my parents. They’re a bunch of churchgoers so it still surprise the hell outta me when they dig me on dating Jacob—scratch that. It surprise the hell outta me when I admitted to them that I’m bi. My mom shared some encouraging words like God loves everybody, anyway.

Since Jacob met my parents, I strongly do want to meet his, even though he told me why that can’t happen. I understood, but I find it pretty impolite considering that you are suppose to support your child.

Currently, Jacob and I are having a picnic again but this time, it’s nightfall… meaning that the mountain lions, rabid foxes, and/or deers do have a possibility on roaming around carelessly, but we aren’t really afraid. We’ve been here for two hours now. This is the first time we’re having a picnic on this hill since we began dating and this time or how I feel, it’s becoming romantic because we’re sitting next to each other, smootch every now and then, compliment one another, random chatting, and laughter. Also, Jacob’s wearing my jacket that I gave him recently and my favorite bucket hat that I lend to him a moment ago. He looks more cuter when he’s wearing whatever I own from my closet.

“I should give you everything from my closet ‘cuz you look very sexy,” I commended in a low tone because how tired I was starting to get, but I’m really not sleepy. And, for a week now since school is ahead, I’m trying to get my proper intonation back.

“Naaah keep your things,” Jacob chuckled, as his head is resting on my right shoulder and we’re just gazing at the stars. Our favorite things to do with my love than I like to do with myself. “Chres baby do you ever feel uncomfortable when we somewhat do PDA literally like in public?”