Ch. XII - Born Sinner.

[ Jay. ]

“I’m thinking about quitting, to be honest with you,” I confessed to Justin over the phone and looking out my large bedroom window. The sun is getting ready to set and the traffic down here in Calabasas is pretty tireless.

“And why is that?” Justin asked, sounding like he’s begging me to answer.

“You really had to ask?” I snarled. He should know my on and off complaints of doing pornography. “But I’m sorry for putting you down.”

“Jay,” he chuckled. “This ain’t the first time you threatening me that you’ll quit.”

“Yeah but this time, I mean it,” I said sympathetically.

Over the line, I can feel Justin’s aura. The silence that reached him was the key, telling me that he’s languishing shocked. Ordinarily, he would rant or yell at me. I guess that the mood of my words was really serious. Or I guess he’s too grieved to become mad because of his grandmother. Justin’s irritating me less now that it feels weird, that I guess we should be no more than unvarying friends. I’m still cautious on becoming best friends with him. Just because he have a lot on his plate like I do, doesn’t mean that I have the gain trust to him like it’s the beginning. His change is good and bad at the same time, that it’s confusing.

“Don’t worry ‘bout me questioning you for now,” Justin stated, avoiding the sad moment. “Look, I’m gonna find something to wear for the night because I’m goin’ out, get wasted, or whatever that calms me.”

“If you think about getting wasted, don’t drive,” I admonished in honesty. “Please.”

“Wow, you care,” he teased. He always say that whenever I remind him about his safety.

“Whatever,” I slightly chuckled.

“But I’m not driving anything, thanks for the heads up though,” appreciated Justin. “Talk to you soon.”

“Cool, have fun,” I concluded and we hung up.

I stored my phone in my back pocket, detached a rubber band that supported my ponytail, and let my untamed afro curls let loose. Messy or not, I didn’t had to look at a mirror because I know I’m sexy as hell.

I grabbed my keys that belongs to my Jeep and vanished out of my bedroom.

“Chres, I’m about to go now,” I notified Chresanto, as he’s lounging in the living room, playing Grand Theft Auto 5 on his PlayStation3 console.

Yesterday, I apologized to him about what happened two nights ago. I’m getting to realized that it could be more interesting stuff to do in a relationship if you’re mate is routing for celibacy, but I can’t put my finger on more things. Yes, it’s still hard for me to bare with it, though. But anyways, Chresanto forgave me and asked could he prevent me from being lonely here in my condo for the weekend by staying over. You know I couldn’t say no.

Chresanto turned his head and pressed the start button, pausing the game; which it always shows a map. “Where you goin’ again? I forgot.”

“To a friend’s house in LA,” I simply mentioned as I’m on my way to the door.

“Do you want me to go?”

“No thank you,” I smiled.

“Is it a’ight if Ray Ray can come over?” he asked while resuming to play.

Soon he mentioned his best friend’s name, I was crawling in repugnance. Since that fuck nigga think he found a way to ruin my life, I don’t want him allowed in this condo. Nevertheless, my oppose words will come out nice to Chres.

“But when I get back, I was hoping for us to spend the rest of the time playing that game,” I coltishly replied.

“Oh, right,” he chuckled. “Bae have a safe ride.”

“I will,” I giggled and exited my condo afterwards.

Hindmost on taking the elevator and exiting the building, I spotted Jaden scrolling away on his iPhone and sitting on front of my Jeep, which his skateboard is sitting on his lap.

“Aye, get yo’ ass off my car!” I demanded Jaden as I’m walking faster. “And why you didn’t bother to come in?”

“Your boyfriend’s in there and I didn’t want to make the scene to feel like you gotta another guy,” Jaden answered as he got off and scrolled to the passenger side.

“I doubt,” I commented as I opened my door and unlocked the passenger side so Jaden can go in.

After we got settled and buckled in, I used the key to enkindle the vehicle and the radio powered on.

“You ready to do this in order to enjoy life to the fullest?” Jaden glared and asked me.

Yeah, about that call that I told Justin that I’m seriously quitting porn, this evening’s plan is to go ahead and sell my soul so I can get it over with. Deep down, I’m still unsure about this shit. I’m shaking as fuck because I doubt this sacrifice will have an happy ending. Hell, from enrolling to completely in the Illuminati, I guess it’s not fun when you think about it. But since I think it’s too late to hesitate and I’m finally dating Chresanto, I have no choice. I can’t be moneyless because chances are, I’ll lose everything I got.

“I guess,” I mumbled as I’m staring at the window in nervousness.

“Oh, I nearly forgot,” Jaden said and pulling something outta his pockets in his camouflage cargo shorts.

Afterwards, he placed a pair of leather gloves and a 9mm with the suppressor on my lap. Other than the career that I’m on the edge of discontinuing, this is gonna be some crass shit.