Abuse: Isaac Lahey Book 2 part 12

Isaac POV:

I woke up in this unimaginable pile of ash and rubble, Tegan wasn't with me I wasn't at her mom's house. I sat up cautiously. I realized I was in the remains of my old house, that I lived with my father in. I shook my head vigorously telling myself to wake up, that it was all a dream. But then I saw my dad's face. "Go downstairs son." He yelled

"But there is no downstairs!" I pleaded

"Who's the favorite now Isaac." My brother said.

My mom appeared next saying, "Bradley do you want fondue?"

Then they all started hysterically laughing. Then they took turns jabbing at my face. I had fallen to the ground. "Wake up Isaac." I told myself. "DO IT." But the laughing continued.

I woke up sweating immensely.

I wasn't next to Tegan I was in Aiden's room reality hit me, today was the day all the kids were back at school.

Tegan was calling me: "Isaac my mom made pancakes."

I didn't feel like eating. I looked down at the bed and realized it was wet. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry." You're 17 strip the sheets idiot". I said accidentally out loud. I brought the sheets to my nose realizing it wasn't pee it was blood. I dropped them immediatley. But the blood smell went away, I had been hallucinating, yep it was pee. I Brought them to the laundry room when I ran into Tegan's mom.

"Hey Isaac." She said, "I'm not doing wash until Wendsday."

I looked at her blankly.

"I've had boys before don't worry." She said

Let her think that.

Cody POV:

I returned to school that day without a hand to hold, without lips to kiss. without a pair of eyes to stare into and get lost in. Nothing, I had nothing.

Garrett that kid I'd done the interview with, the one who was mental. He sidled up beside me and started chattering. Not in a friendly way, in a weird awkward, kind of crazy way.

"So ya, I used to go to Briarwood the all boys school, the military one, until I got kicked out then I came to Beacon Hills, I really like it here, hot chicks, good lacrosse team... Have you ever played lacrosse Briarwood sucked balls."

I tried to follow along but the kid was talking 80 miles an hour.

"I've played before, back in Chicago."

"Are you a Freshmen your really really tall."

"6'4" I said.

"No way!"

"I'm 5'6"

"I can tell." I said suddenly frustrated.

The corners of his mouth turned down, and he looked at me distraught.

"What kid?" I said

"I'm the same age as you, you don't have to be such a douche."

"A what?" I said even more angry than before.

"You heard me" Garrett said, "You play the whole bad ass card and I'm tired of you acting like you WANT TO BE MY FRIEND."

"I never said I wanted to be your friend." I said then walked away.

I looked back seeing the tears on Garrett's face but didn't feel sorry.

I was going to go after that son of a bitch, that killed my girlfriend no matter how long it took.

ISAAC POV:

It took every ounce of me to go into a class with Jackson the same guy who had nearly killed me. I couldn't forget that it wasn't necessarily him, he was controlled by someone but still.

The teachers hovered around him like he was a lost cause, which he technically was. The cocky arrogant Jackson no longer existed.

He was now a fragile guy who could be 6'5 and muscular but on the inside stood 2 feet tall.

Tegan POV:

Classes started again, but it felt emptier even if only 17 were gone and 20 were brutally injured. Everytime a locker would shut kids would run like crazy thinking it was a gun, or if the bell rang for lunch people would scream. I don't think anyone could forget the events of the past few weeks, especially since Bradley was still on the loose.

"Tegan?" Said an all too familiar voice.

It was Jackson, it didn't look like Jackson it looked like someone who hadn't slept in years. He looked like he'd aged about 20 years.

"Hi Jackson." I said

"Can we talk?"

"Jackson you don't remember what you did, do you?"

"What did I do?"

"Just please leave me be."

"TEGAN WHAT DID I DO?" He said but I'd already walked off.