Abuse:Isaac Lahey Part 2

Tegan POV:

I noticed him at school the black and blue, the cuts. I just assumed he was bullied. He wouldn't come to school for days at a time, and when he would he would cry most of the time, get made fun of, pointed at. I felt bad but my status was to high for me to worry about a loser like Isaac, but you couldn't help but wonder why the kid next to you had a gash on the back of his head.

"Tegan," Jackson Whittemore my boyfriend said, "we're going to dinner at the new burger place after lacrosse, wanna tag along?"

"Eh maybe not I'm kind of tired," I said my gaze focused on Isaac's solemn expression.

"You sure babe I'm pretty convinced they'll have veggie burgers."

"Ya I'm sure."

The bell rang and everyone hurried out I stayed and waited for Isaac to get out of his seat.

"Hi uh Isaac is it?" I said "how are you doing you seem a little out of it."

"Ya I'm fine." He said rubbing his raw fleshy jaw.

I decided I was gonna follow him home.

He hopped on his bike and winced as he pedaled his pants rolled up a bit as he rode and a very bad splint job was on both of his legs. Turns out he lived across the street from Jackson but had a totally different living scenario. Jackson's posh mansion really varied from isaac's crumbling shack. I pulled into Jackson's driveway then walked to isaacs front yard where I could hear lots of yelling.

"A C on a quiz?" "You are not a Lahey."

"I'm sorry dad I don't know I've kind of been unfocused lately." I heard isaacs innocent voice say.

"I'll drug you then." His dad said. I gasped.

"No I don't need drugs just need time."

"Time for what?" "YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO NOT FOCUS KID."

I heard Isaac gasping for air I peeked through a crack in the blinds.

His dad had a belt wrapped around his neck, pulled extremely tight. I thought this would be his last breath when I heard feet pounding against stairs then screaming lots of it, then utter silence. I bit back the tears fighting to get out.

I immediately called Jackson he laughed. "Isaac?" "Abused?" "that's a story I need to tell Danny."

"Aren't you going to feel sorry? At least a little bit." I asked.

"Nah" he said.

I got home and my twin brothers Aiden and ethan were pigging out on Cosmic Brownies. "Uh where's mom?" I asked.

"Have you been crying?" Aiden asked.

"No!" I said "where's mom."

"Working night shift at clinic." Ethan said. My mom worked at my school as the nurse by day by night she worked at the boarding school night shift. I hardly saw her. My brothers took care of me most of them time if they weren't with friends or being lazy.

Later that night when I was "trying" to fall asleep, I called my mom.

I told her I was doing a project on child abuse and asked her what would you do If you physically saw it happening.

"I'd report it immediately." She said

I really didn't want to ruin poor isaacs life anymore than it already was. I just decided I'd follow him home everyday and when it got to a point where it needed to be reported I'd report it.