35) B͢a͢c͢k͢ T͢o͢ T͢h͢e͢ F͢u͢t͢u͢r͢e͢ P͢t͢. I͢I͢

Salut I'm baaaaack!!! Due to the 53 month gap of no updates (*cries in American*), it is highly recommended to reread the previous part (or may as well the whole book) before proceeding or you will probably have no idea wtf is going on. Enjoy!! x3

Adrien silenced the giggling kwami by jamming a piece of cheese into his mouth, but it was not very effective. "It's not funny," he muttered, turning to the mirror above the sink to study his sore red eyes. He tried rinsing them with cold water which was quite soothing, but they were still inflamed. A chunk of cheese shot onto the mirror when Plagg snorted, followed with violent choking. "C'mon, I gotta meet Marinette at the library, so in you go." He held open the white jacket before Plagg zipped inside with a cheese-eating smirk.

Adrien hurried out of the restroom only to slam into someone. Books dropped as the collision sent them both to the floor. The blonde gasped as he realized what he had done. On instinct, he swiftly picked the books up into a neat stack and helped the girl to her feet, then handed them to her. "Here are all of your things, I hope you're not..."

He felt his breath stolen away as his eyes locked with hers. It was almost like looking into a mirror...the very emerald orbs he stared into were his own, and her wavy locks that gleamed under the light reflected the sun. Was this a dream? He'd recognize that face from anywhere...

Is it really...?

She was even more beautiful in her youth. Adrien didn't know how to react. He wanted to cry, he wanted to laugh, he wanted to trap her into a hug and never ever let go.

"Hope I'm not what, lover boy?"

He was snatched from his flashbacks and shook his head. Of course, she was only fifteen. She wouldn't know who he was. The blonde beauty cocked her head and smirked while waiting for a response. Adrien immediately scratched the back of his head and laughed nervously. "AH—u-um, hurt! I hope you're not hurt or injured are you okay??" He rambled. No matter how strong his emotions were, he had to keep calm and pretend he never saw her in his life, which would be pure torture. This felt like life's cruelest joke on him, yet.

She chuckled at his actions and waved a hand. "Totally, it's all good," she nonchalantly replied. She then squinted and leaned in close to study his irritated eyes. "Ouch, well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" She teased. "Actually, you're quite the looker too, so I guess that makes you a walking contradiction." Adrien was a little surprised with her such warm, fond behavior with him. The woman he knew carried herself with an elegant poise that was kind and polite, but ever so slightly reserved.

But here the dazzling belle was, treating him so affectionately with lighthearted humor and open arms. It was like no time had ever passed between them.

She boldly took his hand and gently kissed it. "Enchante. I'm Emilie...but you can just call me Em," she introduced with a playful wink.

Her smile was contagious and he instantly felt it reflect on his own lips. "I'm Adrien, it's...nice to meet you," he replied. A warm feeling filled his chest. He needed to hug her. Just once. He had not seen his mother in almost two years now. "I'm new here, so I hope I haven't made a bad first impression," the model informed. Emilie laughed with a shrug. "Not at all. If anything, I'm concerned about your eyes."

"Oh, that...I got pepper sprayed."

She laughed even harder at his wild answer as she clutched her books to her chest. "You're a funny boy, Adrien. I like you," she decided. "See you around." And with that, the blonde girl simply turned on her heel and gave him another smile over her shoulder. He happily sighed at her glowing aura and leaned on a set of lockers. Adrien could not believe he got to see her again. Even if they were in the past, he'd take it over his desktop background any day. Maybe their crazy dilemma wasn't such a bad thing.