8) D͞͞r͞͞a͞͞m͞͞a͞͞ Q͞͞u͞͞e͞͞e͞͞n͞͞ P͞͞t͞͞. 3

"BOOYAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!"

Chat Noir and Marinette plummeted to their deaths from the Eiffel Tower. The feeling gave them a sense of weightlessness, and Chat Noir was clueless to Marinette's cheering. He was too anxious to dwell on it long.

This girl is insane...I dig it.

He had to act fast. He tried to wiggle his hand loose, which was bound snug against his side. His fingers managed to slip his baton out of his belt. He willed it to extend below him and soon it met the ground beneath them.

The impact shoved Chat's baton up against his side. He clenched his teeth when he felt the friction scrape some of the flesh off of his hand underneath his suit. The force had pole vaulted them across the city until a river came into sight.

Their acceleration skyrocketed until they crashed right into the water. The two almost touched the riverbed until they began to float to the surface. Chat Noir let out a huge gasp for air once they started to bob up and down on the waves they made.

"Marinette, are you alright?"

No answer.

"Marinette?" He panicked. The rope's binding had barely loosened its grip around them.

"Cataclysm!" He grasped the rope, and it instantly diminished. Marinette fell below the surface. He gasped and dove after her body sinking further and further into the deep. Chat Noir desperately fought through the current as his messy hair swayed around him. 

When they broke through the surface again, Chat clutched her waist close to him as he paddled to the riverbank.

After he had laid her out on the grass, he shivered from the cold water. He hated it. The way the dampness made his suit cling to him even more so, the feeling the moisture gave the material...he hated the water.

"Marinette, please!" He begged, starting to shake her. No response. No breathing. His eyes were wide and he started to hyperventilate. He couldn't imagine losing one of his closest friends. He threw his hands to his head in panic. This left him no choice.

Chat Noir gently tilted her head up to him as he slowly lurched forward to her face. It was the only way. Just as his lips were about to graze hers, her eyes miraculously popped open. Her pupils became insanely small when she saw the scene before her. Chat Noir froze.

Oh my god this looks so bad...

They both abruptly screamed and let out sounds of disgust as they scooted away from each other. Marinette tilted her a head back and started gargling river water.

"For the last time, it was not a kiss!" Chat repeated.

"Well, whatever you call it, it was disgusting! And if you'd done what I told you to do in the first place, we all could've been spared your kiss of life."

Chat Noir sighed after Marinette got up to her feet sopping wet. He ran a hand through his soaked hair and stood up as well. "Look, I'm sorry, I really am, but...I thought I lost you Marinette. And I was going to do anything it took to bring you back," he mumbled.

Marinette gaped a little when he hugged her tight. She let out a sigh and returned the embrace. "Thanks, chaton. I know you mean well, but I have to go know. Ladybug is probably looking for you. You have a couple of akumas to catch," she reminded before walking off.