14) Lυ'aυ!

The following day, the superheroes were swinging through alleyways and shortcuts like it was everyday life. Well, it has been lately. The sun was going to set soon, and the two still had a geometry test to prepare for the next day.

Ladybug huffed as she kept sailing through all the backways on her yoyo. The akumas have been getting so bad lately and it was more bothersome than anything.

Exhaustion was the last thing on her mind- she was used to being a superhero by now, but the constant nagging and ridiculous demands of the akumas had her fed up. Nevertheless, the pair were still quite short on sleep. She and her partner finally settled onto an old, stone balcony of an abandoned theater with ease.

Streaks of brilliant orange and pink painted the Parisian horizon, making a beautiful sunset. "Alright, it worked!" Chat Noir cheered. His staff minimized before he tucked it safely into his belt. "We lost her," Ladybug agreed.

Chat strolled to the railing and casually rested his elbow on it. "I...am a genius," he decided. Ladybug arched an eyebrow and crossed her arms as she gave the kitty a testy look. "Hey, genius, it was my idea."

"Yeah, but I pulled it off," Chat proudly vaunted with a smirk. He enjoyed teasing her. "With me!" Ladybug protested before lightly smacking him on the arm. He only chuckled at her adorable actions.

"Oh, yeah?" He asked as he playfully shoved her. Even though it was a rather light push, nevertheless, she clumsily staggered and toppled to the ground. Chat pressed his lips into a fine line and quickly knelt by her side. He didn't mean to knock her down.

"My apologies!" He offered her a hand. She accepted it without hesitation, but only smirked before flipping him over into a somersault. Ladybug caught him off guard, but the two shortly engaged into a tackle. In no time, she easily had him trapped under her hold.

"Pinned ya," she rubbed in. Chat's surprise kept his mind blank as he remained hostage. He grew uneasy and began to pout at his defeat. "Hey, lemme up," he complained with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Ladybug held her head up high and got off of him, then he took the opportunity to redeem himself. Almost twice as fast as the first time, Chat found himself sprawled on his back once again. She leaned in until she was inches from his face and smiled smugly. His big, green eyes followed her every move.

"Pinned ya again," she bragged.

Chat Noir could feel his face warming up fast from her super close proximity. No, no, no, I can't blush in front of her! Say something smooth, think of something cool- As his nervous thoughts went on, his blushing intensified. He hoped his mask would conceal it, but his luck wouldn't allow it.

Ladybug's smug grin only grew bigger at Chat's embarrassment. "What's wrong, chaton? Cat got your tongue?" She teased and poked his nose. I wonder what he's thinking, she thought with a giggle.

ANKSODKVJEIWPICUJEKWNEEKGNKDVWIRUOPSZZOAJDIPHFF-

His lack of response was starting to concern her a little. Suddenly, a loud boom from a few streets away caught their attention. They both jerked their heads toward the sound and scrambled to their feet. Chat Noir leapt off the balcony first.

"Race you there!" He called without meeting her eyes, and left her in the dust. Ladybug shook her head and laughed to herself before following. They were in the rough part of town as it was, and found that the remains of smoke had come from an old junk yard. The sun was almost out of sight now as nightfall began to arrive.