15) Lucҝψ Chɑrмʂ

Everything started with a fully refreshed Marinette stretching her arms. She yawned and took in the warm sunlight shining through her window.

"Wow, I feel fantastic," she stated. She noticed the time on her alarm clock. "Tikki, look! I'm up twenty minutes early!" The kwami gave her a sleepy smile as she watched her holder jump out of bed and get dressed. Marinette made sure to fasten the lucky charm bracelet around her wrist that Adrien had made for her birthday recently.

She beamed at the colorful charm then made her way downstairs. "You're up awfully early," Sabine spoke from her spot by the stove. "I made pancakes this morning. For once you will have time to eat at home."

Marinette took her time eating her breakfast, then grabbed her backpack. She walked toward the entrance to the bakery, but her mom stopped her. "Your father baked a dozen pastries too many. Would you like some to go?" She offered, holding out a neatly packed box. Marinette smiled and accepted them.

"Of course, maman." After thanking her, she rushed out the front door and paced down the sidewalk. "Marinette, it's rather early, there's no need to hurry," Tikki said from her purse. Marinette laughed a little and slowed down. "I guess I'm just so used to being late. It feels nice having all the time in the world, for a change."

.............

Unlike Marinette, a certain someone was having a rough morning. Adrien woke up five minutes before he was expected to leave for school, thanks to a late night fight with another akuma known as Showstopper. While running around his room to gather his supplies, he scolded Plagg for not bothering to wake him.

"What am I? An alarm clock? I'm not one of your personal slaves," he complained.

Adrien didn't have time to argue and soon there was knocking while he quickly styled his hair. "Adrien? Is everything alright? We must leave in one minute," Natalie called through the door.

"Um, just a second!"

All seemed well until his usual ride was cut short due to the engine sputtering. After some hasty convincing, he had persuaded Natalie to let him walk the last block to school.

Adrien panted heavily as he sprinted up the stairs to the building. Everyone was already in class, so the area was vacant. "Hey, garbage man, where's my cheese?"A muffled voice fretted from his bag.

"Not now, Plagg, I'm going to miss the bell!"

"But I haven't eaten all morning!"

Adrien glowered down at his bag, but missed the top step and tripped while doing so. He winced at the skinned flesh on his hand before getting to his feet. He took a few more steps through the front doors until he heard a loud sound of fabric ripping.

Adrien gasped as all of his books, binders, and kwami spilled through the bottom of his bag onto the floor. "Ow!" Plagg snapped. Adrien threw his hands up to his head in exasperation. "Just my luck," he muttered.

.............

"Adrien's still not here," Marinette fretted in her usual seat. She felt a sudden pinch in her arm. "Ow!" She cried. "What was that for, Alya?"

Her best friend smirked. "You're not wearing green. It's St. Patricks Day," she informed, gesturing to her own light green shirt.