24. gold

massive thank you too CamrynGraffius for the cover holy shitttt i still get suprised when people give me them like whoaa

// WHEN I SAID I WAS JOHN GREEN I DIDN'T MEAN I WAS KILLING ANYBODY I JUST MEANT I HAD A LOT OF QUOTES IN MY CHAPTERS JESUS CHRIST GUYS SOME OF YOU WERE THREATENING ME AND I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING BECAUSE ALL I DID WAS WORD IT WRONG//

Caution: the outsiders spoilers & very sad references to the book/movie so be prepared I warned you

and there may or may not be foreshadowing

24 - gold

"Do you want cereal?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Yeah," He breathes out, glaring at the guy on the screen. "Thanks."

"Anytime." I sigh, quickly making a bowl of cornflakes and giving it to him.

"Thank you--" Niall is cut off by my doorbell ringing multiple times.

We both stare at the front door, before he remarks out: "You didn't tell me you were having friends over! New people to see! Woo--!"

"If friendly dogs could talk they'd sound like you." I hush him and Niall chuckles.

"It's Officer Ramsey, here on the investigation of Niall Horan, open up."

"Shit." I whisper. "Fuck." He replies.

"Go to my room!" I add, running to the front door.

"Sorry! I was cooking." I exclaim, swinging the door open just as Niall shuts the door to my room.

A not-so-ugly police officer with dirty blonde hair and green eyes steps in and I can physically feel Niall's jealousy radiating throughout the apartment room.

"It's alright... Hi." He smiles at me. "I'm here for the investigation of Niall Horan? You were associated with him before, right?"

"Yeah, we met in the store." I exhale. Here we go again.

"Have you socialized with Niall Horan at all after your encounter?"

"Nope."

"Are you sure? He was seen drunk outside this apartment complex."

"I'm positive he was just passing through, he probably doesn't even remember my name."

"Any idea where he might be?"

"He always talks about Canada." I shrug and I hear Niall scoff from my bedroom.

"What was that?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"My cat." I panic. "Damn Charlie the cat, always making noises and stuff."

"I see." He nods, glancing around my apartment. "So what do you mean he always talks about Canada?"

"I don't mean always-- It's just like, when um..." I start to fidget. "When we were in the store he just kept talking about Canada. He said it was nice."

"You are aware that Niall is extremely dangerous, sir?" He changes subject. "Extremely manipulative. He could be taking advantage of you and you'd think you're just friends-- Or more."

Has somebody been tipping this guy in?

"Niall isn't here." I cross my arms.

"And the last time you saw Niall was?"

"The store." I roll my eyes. "First and last."

"Here's my number if you ever need anything." He hands me a slip of paper.