02. beauty queen

2 -

"I think," I bite my lip, "I think that if we're lucky, then maybe, just maybe, my friend Louis might be sober."

"Louis?" Niall scoffs. "That sounds like the name of a gay bartender."

"He dated a bartender and he's bi."

"Lovely."

"But if he's sober he might call in that I'm missing."

"You can't file a missing person report until they've been gone for 24 hours, so you're stuck with me for God knows how long."

"12 hours." I murmur. "Unless we get out, that is."

"Okay, what's your favourite colour?"

"Well, I'm not sure. I kind of like royal--"

"No, we won't do that, play 20 Questions or whatever." Niall interrupts me. "You aren't even prepared."

"For what?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"For questions!"

I roll my eyes. "I'm going to go walk around." Niall is insane.

"Go ahead," Niall sighs, giving up on talking to me. "Meet me in the toys aisle in a while."

"Okay." I walk away from Niall and skim past the aisles, and I somehow find myself in the make-up section.

I glance around, only recognizing L'oreal and Maybelline from various commercials of cake-faced girls.

"Harry!" Niall shrieks from an aisle or three away.

"Yeah?" My voice is echoed by the sound of a bike bell.

"I am arriving on my manly stallion." Niall says in a deep voice, before appearing from around the corner on a neon pink disney bike.

"That's actually the most depressing thing I've ever seen, ever." I mumble as Niall struggles to ride towards me, his legs being too long for the bike. "And I'm depressed."'

"Help!" Niall shouts in a high-pitched girly voice. "I can't stop!"

Niall then --ever so gently-- rams the bike into my legs, and topples over off the bike, falling to the ground.

"Ow." Niall sits up.

"I'm the one that got hit with the bike."

"It wasn't that hard." Niall mutters as I grab a hand and pull him up to his feet.

Niall glances around the section of the market briefly, before saying: "I have an idea."

"What's your idea?"

"I'll give you a makeover." Niall hums, grabbing purple eyeshadow. "Make you look pretty n' stuff."

"No don't to that--"

"Shh." Niall mumbles, pulling me to the ground.

"Niall--"

"Here." Niall pulls a headband out of his pocket.

"Why do you have that?"

Niall furrows his eyebrows. "For a slingshot? Duh."

"Why do you need a slingshot?"

"Personal reasons." Niall pushes my head down and puts on the head band, pushing back all my hair.

"I feel ugly." I mumble, fidgeting with my fingers as Niall down at me.

I liked having my hair cover my forehead; like this I felt exposed.

Niall's eyes widen as he stares at me, as if I was one of the world's greatest wonders.