34

Chapter 34 (UNEDITED)

-Leatham Series-

Keira's POV

I immediately headed toward the front door as I heard a soft knocked, opening the door and I've been welcomed with a woman who was probably in her 40's and 5'8" wearing a navy blue t-shirt and long denim jeans.

"Is this Kyle and Amra's orphanage?" She asked politely.

"Ya." I asked while looking at her hazel eyes. She had shoulder length straight dark brown hair and full lips.

"May I come in?" She smiled, showing her dimples.

"Sure." I said politely and opening the door widely so she could come in. Maybe she wanted to adopt one of children here.

"Who's there, Kei?" Harry's eyes widened in surprise at once disbelief as she saw the woman who stood next to me.

"Alice!" Stephenie exclaimed of excitement and she instantly hugged her. "I miss you so much, Alice."

Alice? Is she the woman that Daisy talked about? Is she my mother?

"I miss you too, Stephenie." The woman that I knew her name was Alice said so touchily. "But... I think there is something that bother us." She pulled herself away and her eyes went down to Stephenie's baby bump. "Oh my God! Are you pregnant?" Stephenie nodded eagerly. "Jeez! Congratulations, Stephenie!"

"Hey." Harry whispered to me. "Can you please make a few of drinks?"

"Sure." I smiled and then left.

Afterwards, I walked back into the living room while bringing a tray of teas.

"Thank you." She smiled as I put the cups onto the table politely and well.

"You're welcome." I smiled back. I was silent for a while, thinking of her. Do I have to ask her?

"Is there something else?" Harry asked, snapping my deep thoughts.

I looked at her straight, gulping down. "Are you... my mom?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

"I – I mean... Daisy ever asked about you and it just made me curious only."

"Daisy?" Her eyes widened in surprise. "How did you know about her?"

"Her son is my boyfriend."

"Oh, Jesus! I miss her so bad." She exclaimed. "I've ever attended her wedding and she was so beautiful. Well, for five years I haven't met her yet. You know, I'm so busy in England, being a house wife is a tiredness job but I enjoyed it."

"House wife?" I replied confusedly. "You mean... you're married?"

When she was about to answer, I heard shouting of a kid. The blond girl was probably in 7's instantly ran to Alice and she immediately picked her up onto her lap.

"Mommy! Why did you leave me?" asked the blond girl while sucking her thumb. "And who are them?" She turned her eyes at me, Harry and Stephenie.

"I didn't leave you, Wanda." Alice said in soft tone while stroking her long straight blond hair. "They're my friends. Where's Daddy?"

"Daddy is parking the car." Wanda answered.

"Is she... my sister?" I asked abruptly, making their eyes looked at me.

"What?" Wanda furrowed her eyebrows. "I don't want to have a sister like you."

I didn't know why my heart hurts suddenly. Am I as bad as she thinks? Or as poor as she looks?