Chapter twenty

I woke up with large eye bags and red eyes. I didn't want to get up but I had to. "Ness are you okay?" I turn to look at the door. Stella.

"Kind of. Who put me to bed?" I asked her. It took her a few seconds to answer, "Ashley and I. Don't worry, you were not that heavy." She replied with a smile.

I got up and started fixing my bed.

"So....uhh.....I'm sorry if I brought this topic up. I heard that you and Zac broke up." She said with a soft voice.

Zac.

Zac.

"I did because according to Ashley, he was already in a relationship with Halston." I replied and went back to fix my bed.

A few minutes later, I heard the door close. Signifying that Stella already went out.

Finally. PEACE. This is heaven. Just then, my phone started vibrating. I looked at it, and it's a message from Zac.

Hey. I'm so sorry!! Just checking if you're okay.

Is that all he have to say? Truly, he didn't loved me. I threw my phone in the bed before throwing myself in the bed. I stared at the ceiling. In short, I was daydreaming.

Suddenly, I heard someone knocking on the door. "It's open!" I shouted and I didn't even bothered to see who was coming in.

A few minutes later, a person suddenly kissed me. "What the hell?!" I yelled but the person continued kissing me.

"Let go of me you jerk!" That was when the person let me go. I did not expect Stella to let him.

"Hi Ness." He smiled. I could see in his eyes that he was proud of what he has done. "What the hell are you doing here?!" I glared at him.

"I heard you and Zac broke up." He replied, trying to make his tone calm. "Yeah we did and now, would you please get out of my house Austin?"

He sighed. "Fine." He got up and headed towards the door. But he froze while looking at the doorknob.

"I said leave." I instructed him then he turned to look at me and gave a crooked smile. "I'll leave but I'll be back soon." He winked before slamming the door shut.

Ugh!! Why does this guy have to be in my life?

I immediately got up and managed to sneak out. That was when I heard the conversation of Stella and Austin.

"Please just leave. You already had your chance." I heard Stella instructing Austin.

"Fine." I heard Austin growl.

Then I heard the door slam. As Stella turn around, she caught a glimpse of me. "Ness?"

"You saw me." I winked at her and she nodded. I could see in her eyes the guilt that she's holding. "I have a question for you." She nodded and then sighed. "I know what it is. That's why you don't have to." She sat in the couch and then crossed her hands.

I nodded and walked down the stairs.

I sat down beside her and she didn't even bothered to look at me. "Stell, why did you let him in? You know from the start or ever since we broke up, I didn't wanted to see his one of a kind face." I said to her but I didn't say it in a mad tone. I was trying my best not to burst out.

"He forced me because....." she paused before taking a deep breath. "He threatened me that uhh....he'll kill me." She said in a low tone before getting up. I wanted to follow her but something prevented me.

I don't know whether I should get mad at Stella or not.

"I have to go somewhere." I told her (hoping she listened), getting up and grabbed a coat from our rack. Just then, I forgot to bring the keys. I went back inside and grabbed the car keys which was put in a drawer.

***

I knocked on the door, my heart beating fast.

A few minutes later, the door opened and there he stood right in front of me. His eyes widened as soon as he saw me. "Ness? Wha-what are you doing here?" I could see in his voice that he's shaking upon seeing me.

"Hi," I said in a faint voice.

"I have-"

"There's no need for explanation. I came here for a reason." I told him and he nodded then he let me in. "Stay here. I'll get us some snacks." Then he started racing down his kitchen. At a medium sized cabinet located at his living room, on top of it, there stands a picture that I could never forget.

It was a picture of Zac and I while we were filming high school musical one. It was our first picture together. I still can't believe that he still have it.

"Hey." I turn around to see Zac carrying a tray of orange juices. He sat down and so did I.

"So....what do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"About Halston's," he nodded as soon as I mentioned her name.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were already with her?" I asked and he seemed to be speechless.

"I.....I....."

A/N: Cliff hanger!! Sorry if it took me a long time to update. I've been quite busy lately. Basically, our activity thingy, intrams will be in the next two weeks and it's going to be two tiring weeks. Anyways, love y'all!! :)