Chapter three

Today is the day in which I can go home already. Whoop!

Chris and Ashley are planning to stay here in Cannes for a while. Meanwhile I get to go home by myself without any bodyguards.

I sat down in my seat, as I wait for the airplane to take off.

"Nice necklace." I look up and seen a little girl smiling down at the necklace in which I'm wearing now. I looked at it before looking up to her, "Thank you." I smiled.

"You're Vanessa Hudgens right?" She asks while smiling.

"Uhh yeah." I replied and she nods. Then she stares at the necklace before saying anything.

"Did your boyfriend gave it to you?" She asked.

"Uhh no."

"Then who?"

"My best friend." I lied but she looks unsatisfied with my answer. "I don't think your best friend gave it to you." She said.

"Oh really."

"Yep!! Because I saw someone wearing that necklace too!" She smirks before positioning back to her normal place.

Wow.

"Uhh excuse me? Who?" I stood up to ask the girl.

"He was a guy. A celebrity like you. I forgot his name though." She replied and I nod as I go back to my seat.

I decided to call Ashley.

"Hey Ash!"

"Hey Ness! Did you arrive already?" Obviously not yet. The plane haven't even flew yet.

"I found out something the necklace."

"Again?!" I could imagine Ashley rolling her eyes. "Okay what?" She asks.

"There's this little girl in front of my seat who said that she saw a celebrity, who's a dude, wearing this." I replied and the phone went silent.

"You still there?"

"Yep! So who could it be?" Finally she spoke. "I have no idea still."

"Why are you whispering?" She asks.

"Can we talk later?"

"Okay bye." Then she hung up the phone.

I look at the window thinking about what the little girl said.

Just then, Ashley called.

"Ness!! I have something that you might need in looking for the owner of that necklace." She yelled through the phone.

"What?"

"Remember when you said that the owner of that necklace was born on October?"

"Uhh yeah?"

"I have one person."

"Who?"

"Zac."

My eyes widened, "Really? How would you know that it's-"

"May we request everyone to turn off their cellular phones by now as the plane is about to take off." The announcer announced.

"I have to go." I told Ashley and I hung up.

No it can't be Zac. Plus the color of this stone is quite girlish. Why would a guy wear those stuffs?

That's why, I decided to take off the necklace and put it in the pocket of my shoulder bag.

***

To Stella:

Hey I just arrived.

From Stella:

Okay. I'm coming.

I waited outside the airport. Luckily, there's a bench plus there were no paps around which makes the moment nicer.

"Hey." I turn around and seen Zac smiling at me.

"Uhh hi?" Suddenly, I remembered what Ashley said about the necklace. But anyways, I didn't bothered to talk about it.

Then he sat down beside me. Crap.

"So...I heard you survived a fatal car crash." He said and I sighed. "Yeah."

"Luckily you survived." He smiled and I didn't bothered to look at him, well in the eyes.

"Yeah...thanks."

A car stops by a few meters away from us then Zac stood up. "I have to go. My parents are here." He smiled at me and I managed to crack a smile.

"Bye Ness." He smiled before closing the car door. Then he went.

Zac looked so calm though. He talked to me as if I'm a normal person.

"Ness!" I turn around as soon I heard someone calling my name. It's Stella.

I ran up to her and gave her a hug. "Oh my goodness! I heard about the accident. Are you okay now?" She asks me.

"Yeah I'm fine don't worry about it." I smiled.

"Come on." She carries some of my bags to the car.

She also helps me as I go in to the car as if I'm a princess. I'm so lucky to have a sister like Stella.

"So...how did you survived?" She looks at me before turning her gaze back at the road. "It's a long story. We'll talk about later."

"Come on. Just tell me."

"Okay...I found a necklace in the red carpet and....I kept it. And it sort of saved me. Like...I won an award in which I did not expect to win. Most of all, the necklace was the reason why I survived the car accident." I explained and she became silent. "Really? I never thought a necklace would save you." She laughed.

"I'm not joking Stell." I glared at her and she nodded.

"Can I see the necklace?" She asks me and I nod as I take it out of my shoulder bag.

"Here." I went nearer to her so she can see it more visible.

"Is that a tourmaline stone?" She said while pointing at the necklace. "Exactly."

"Isn't tourmaline the birth stone for people who were born on October?"

"Yeah. Ringing any bells?" I look at her and she thought for a while. "Okay...here's my hypothesis. Maybe, the person who owns that necklace was born on October. Right?"

"Exactly and the only person Ashley could think of is Zac." I rolled my eyes and Stella laughed. "Zac could be one." She smirked. I grabbed a piece of paper on the floor and crumpled it and then I threw it at Stella but it only made her laugh even more.

"I'm serious." I glared at her.

"I am serious! Zac was born on October."

I forgot.

"Oh ok."

"You might wanna see him if you'd love to find the owner." Stella smirks at me.

"Fine."

"So you're telling me. Vanessa Hudgens seeing her ex-boyfriend, Zac Efron!" That's it. I grabbed a pillow in the car, and threw it at Stella.

"Shut up!" I yelled and she laughed.