Chapter twenty-one

He was so speechless. I could see in his eyes that he already ran out of words. "Zac....answer me. That's a simple question." I looked at him seriously and he was still speechless.

He sighed and looked at me. "Our 2-3 year relationship years ago...was only a dare."

What?!

My heart broke into pieces. Speechless, I immediately stormed off. He followed me and grabbed my hand. He pulled me against the wall and I struggled to let him go of me.

He looked so angry and that's why I didn't look at him in the eye.

"Ness listen to me!" He yelled.

That was when I looked at him. "Why would I look at the person who was playing with me!" I yelled back and that was when he cooled down but the madness was still in his eyes.

Then he let go.

I took in some air. "Now what?" He asked.

I glared at him before slapping his right cheek as hard as I can. He touched it before looking at me.

He glared at me before he decided to take an action which is to punch me. But I was able to defend myself because I was able to hold his hand by using my left hand before it hit me. After that, I took the opportunity to hit him in the nuts.

He immediately fell down to the floor, groaning.

"I hope you learned a lesson today Zachary. Which is to never play with me." I told him.

As I was about to head towards the door, he still managed to grab my hand.

"What?!" I glared at him.

"Can't we just talk in a peaceful way?"

"You already had your chance."

Then I turned the knob. But before the door could open, I heard something fell from my pocket.

The necklace.

Zac's eyes widened at the necklace before looking at me.

"Ho-how??" He asked me before picking it up.

He looked at it for a few seconds before looking at me. I nodded.

"Why do you have this?" He asked, glaring and still mad.

"I found it."

"And you didn't even bothered to look for the owner?!"

"I did! Even to the point that I annoyed Ashley! I did tried to look for the owner. But thanks to you. You distracted me." I explained.

Then his eyes started to get watery. "This is mine Ness. This is mine." He said with his voice, in the brink of crying.

"Well then....keep it." I told him before closing the door.

As I was driving, I could not help myself but cry. Why does my morning have to start badly?

I mean, I really worked hard in our relationship and all he did was only a dare.

I arrived at my house and I tried to look calm as possible but I was not successful. The madness was still inside of me.

Stella opened the door for me, "Hey." Her voice slowly faded away after realizing that I was in a bad mood.

"What happened? What's with the bruise?" She asked.

"We'll talk about it later." I replied in a low tone and she nodded.

I went upstairs, opened my door and made sure that it's locked.

There, I cried.

I got up and looked at myself in the mirror.

"You've been tricked the whole time." I said to myself, while looking at my reflection.

"No you weren't." A voice came from beside me. I turn around to see Zac.

What the heck is he doing here? Did he just flew from his house to here?

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to give you a news."

"And what is that?"

He sighed. "I'm going to end my relationship with Halston." I rolled my eyes and grabbed a book and threw it at him. But he was able to move away.

"You know.....I don't believe you." I told him.

"Ness?! Are you okay?!" I heard Stella yelled.

"I'm fine!" I replied.

"I'm going to med my relationship with her. As long as you tell me the truth." He told me, calmly.

"Why would I? I would choose to not to tell the truth rather than to be with you. Go on and get married with you lil barbie." I said sarcastically and he didn't respond.

"Now please...will you get out?" I told him and he nodded no.

"I won't go anywhere. Look Ness," he held my hands and I let go.

"I don't need your lovey dovey." I said, almost in the state of crying.

"Would you mind if you'll just calm down and let me explain the whole thing?" He glared at me and that was when I calmed down.

****

I lied down in my bed and he sat down at the end of my bed.

He sighed.

"Ever since high school musical....my friends took my fame as a game. They made fun of the fans, made fun of me and most of all, you." He looked at me after saying the word 'you'.

"That's why-"

"They dared you to date me." I interrupted and he nodded.

"Yeah. And.....I had no choice so I asked you out. I was not in love with you at first but as the time goes by, I realized that I was in love with you." He stopped and looked at me in the eye then he took out the necklace from his pocket.

"Mind explaining this? I already told you mine." He told me and I nodded.

"It was during Cannes Film Festival. It was a week after Austin and I broke up. And....I just found it." Then my eyes started to get watery and Zac looked down.

"I picked it up and put it in my pocket. Ever since, it saved me from any circumstances in life." I continued and that was it. I started crying.

Zac went nearer and slowly wiped my tears.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered.

"Ness....Ness!" He called me but I didn't looked at him.

"Look at me!"

I looked at him and his blue eyes sparkled at my blue ones.

"I love you."

A/N: Hi!! Sorry if took me quite a long time to update. But anyways, hope you enjoyed this one! Love you guys!!