Chapter Ten: Destiny

Chapter Ten

        Two days had passed since Spike had bit Buffy. For the first time Buffy didn't feel weak from the bite. It actually gave her so much inner energy. As Buffy and Spike both laid in bed completely naked, they just held one another and enjoyed being close. Spike gazed down at her and saw how happy she looked. 

"Buffy... are you happy with me?" Spike asked. She sat up and looked into his eyes. "Why would you ask me that?" Spike just shrugged his shoulders. 

"Spike, listen to me. I am very happy to be with you", she said as she placed her hand on his cheek. 

"I don't ever want to lose you again", she said smiling before kissing him. Two knocks came at the door. 

"Just a minute", Buffy called out. 

"Uh, Buffy it's me, Willow. There is someone downstairs who really wants to see you", 

Willow called back to her. 

Buffy looked at Spike with a big smile on her face. Buffy quickly got out of bed and went to her closet to get dressed. Spike just laid there and watched her change, putting her pants on first. 

"Don't get to comfortable with those on", Spike said as he gave her a devilish grin. Buffy finished putting her shirt on and gave him a playful smile. 

"Oh trust me... I won’t", she said winking at him. As she put her hair up in a ponytail Spike snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. 

"So, what are you going to tell the old man?" Spike asked her. Buffy leaned her head back against Spike's right shoulder and sighed. 

"Don't worry, Spike. I will tell him about us. Just not right away." Spike kissed her cheek and noticed his bite marks were still there just scabbed over.

"Well you better cover this up or he will wonder. Not to mention everyone else will wonder too", he said gently touching the marks with his fingertips. Buffy looked at herself in the mirror seeing them. 

"Damn..." She quickly grabbed one of her flannels and puts it on hoping that would be enough to hide it. Looking over at Spike she saw that he was still naked and smiled. "You better get dressed yourself. If I break the news about you I want you clothed. I really don't want anyone to see you like this anyway", she stated as she grabbed his black jeans from the floor and tossed them to him. Spike softly laughed as he put his pants on. 

"Thank you", she said before heading downstairs. At the top of the stairs Willow was there waiting on her. 

"Buffy, I didn't tell him about Spike being back. None of us did. So, it's all up to you", Willow warned her. Buffy sighed, nodding.

"I figured everyone would leave that up to me." Willow smiled but soon noticed something different about Buffy. 

"Are you OK? You seem... I don't know. Different, maybe?" Willow asked her. Buffy just shrugged her shoulders.

"Just another day." 

        Buffy quickly went downstairs before Willow could sense anything else. She didn't want anyone to know about Spike biting her just yet. They would be very worried. Buffy went into the dining room and Giles was standing at the end of the table looking down at his books that were on the table. When she entered the room Giles quickly looked up and saw her there and smiled. 

"Hello, Buffy." She smiled at him and quickly went to him, hugging him close. 

"I have missed you so much", Buffy stated holding him close. Giles gladly accepts the hug.