Chapter Four: New Vampire in Town

        Buffy went straight to town and headed for this bar that was located in an alley. She walked in just at dawn. If there was a 'new ruler' in town, she had to find out more and this should be a good place to start. Buffy stood in the doorway and just looked around the room. She saw a few demons sitting at a booth and a couple vampires sitting at the bar. She walked in and sat herself down at the bar patiently waiting for the bartender. He finally came from the back room carrying in boxes, not seeing her at first. He sat the boxes down on the counter and just saw Buffy smiling at him.

"Slayer, I mean Buffy. Long time no see", he said with a nervous tone to his voice.

 "Hey Willy, it's been awhile", Buffy said still smiling. 

"What brings you here?", Willy asked. Buffy gave him a hurtful look. 

"That's all I get? I have not seen you in over a year and you are quick too think I need something?", Buffy said acting like her feelings were hurt. 

Willy smiles, thinking that she was just visiting but she couldn't hide it no more. She had too get information from him. 

"OK, I can't lie. New vampire in town. Female. Calls herself Queen. Ring any bells?" she asked him. 

"Female vampire? Queen, you say?", he asked thinking. 

"No... nothing comes to mind" Willy says a bit too quickly. 

"Oh, Willy. You know I hate when you lie to me. I don't want to have to beat you for information but I will if I have to", she said warning him. Willy clears his throat: 

"OK, ok. I did hear of a new vampire in town. Not a female, though", he said finally coming clean. 

"Not a female, huh? Great... now there are two new vampires that I need to find and take out. Can you tell me anything about him?" She asked him. Willy shook his head hoping that she would not be able to read that he was lying. 

"Wish I did know more so I could tell you, Slayer. But I don't... sorry." 

"Thanks, Willy", she said as she got up from her chair and went to leave. 

"Anytime. At least you didn't have to hit me", he said smiling. 

        Buffy stopped at the doorway and just turned back looking at him smirking. Willy's face then changed from happy to worried. Buffy just smiled and shook her head but before she could leave: 

"Oh and slayer?" He called out to her. She turned once again. "Good seeing you again... really. You look good", he said. 

        Buffy smiled before finally leaving the bar. When she was outside she leaned up against the wall just thinking about what Willy had told her. 'New vampire in town. Not female? Who could this other vampire be? And why choose to come here?' She thought to herself. She got off of the wall and decided to just head home. 'Who would want to come here anyway?' She asked herself. Buffy headed back home to wait for sunset. Once arriving home she saw everyone was in the living room just watching T.V. 

"So, what all did you find out?", Willow asked. Buffy sighed and sat down on the arm of the couch. 

"Very little. Found out that there is a new vampire in town. But not a female. There is now a male vampire that's new in town." 

"So basically we are back to square one...", Kennedy stated. 

"Totally", Buffy replied. 

"Don't worry, Buffy. We will figure it out somehow", Willow reassured her. Buffy scooted herself onto the couch.