Chapter Five: Temptation

Chapter Five 

        Buffy finally walked in the door just after sunrise. Sneaking in the back door, she sat down at the kitchen counter just as Dawn entered the room.

"Wow, you're up early", Dawn said as she went to the fridge and grabbed the milk. "What? Oh, I have a headache. I was about ready to try and lay back down", Buffy replied. Dawn sat down beside Buffy with a bowl of cereal. 

"So, you have any plans for the weekend?" Buffy asked. Dawn sighed.

"I know what you're getting at and yes, I already called Janice. I'm staying with her all weekend. Happy?" Dawn said with a cocky attitude. Buffy could see in Dawn's expression that she was still upset with her.

"Dawn, I'm sorry", Buffy said but Dawn interrupted her.

"Don't." Dawn quickly got up and left the kitchen. Buffy didn't mean to make Dawn or anyone upset. These feelings she had, especially now were really getting to her. 

        'What am I going to do?'  She asked herself. 'Spike is back... I'm the only one that knows this...', she thought to herself once again. Buffy went upstairs to try to get some sleep but once she was in her room she decided to lock herself in. She wanted to make sure that no one would come in and disturb her. She had to be alone right now with her thoughts anyway. Sitting down on her bed all she could think about was Spike. She lay down on her bed and grabbed her pillow as she just sobbed into it soon falling asleep to the sound of her own sobs.

        When Buffy finally woke up she looked over at her window seeing the sun was setting. Sitting up she rubbed her face before she got out of bed. She went to her door to go downstairs when her heart was pointing her in another direction. Sighing she went to her closet and changed her clothes and put her hair up in a ponytail. She went to her window, opened it and climbed out. Before she jumped from the roof she looked back into her room hoping that no one would figure out that she was gone. Coming up with a good explanation for this wouldn't be easy; but she would deal. Finally jumping from her roof she made her way to the cemetery. 

        As she got closer to the cemetery, her nerves started to run sky high yet again. Going through the entrance her thoughts were starting to overcome her. She was going to see Spike soon and a part of her was skeptical. She knew if she kept hiding him from everyone that the anger they would have would be even more severe. The longer it lasted the worse it would be. Truthfully she really didn't care anymore. All she knew right now was that she was going to see Spike. She stood at his door and sighed. 'I have to', she thought to herself. Buffy went to open Spike's door when she heard a woman laughing nearby.

         Moving her attention to where the woman was she followed the sound and stayed in the shadows so no one would see her. As she went up ahead she saw Deidra and that one vampire that had fled from her home. 'Oh God...' she thought to herself. When Buffy went to save her she watched as Deidra kissed the vampire on the lips and being a little too cuddly for just meeting. She just decided to follow them and see where they led her. Sighing from aggravation she really wanted to see Spike but she knew that she had to follow them. Her slayer instincts were kicking in. Staying behind she followed them through the cemetery and up ahead she saw the abandoned church where Spike told her he had a soul. 

"Figures", she said aloud too herself. 

        When they went inside she snuck up to the door and quietly opened it to peek inside. She saw at least a dozen vampires gathered around the front just waiting. When they didn't immediately go after Deidra and drain her she knew something was up. The one male vampire went and sat on the throne-looking chair and Deidra sat right on his lap. All the vampires kneeled and bowed their heads to Deidra and the male vampire.