Chapter 53 | Bizarre

It was a little while before we broke apart, and Maritza dried her eyes. And as we were walking out of the house, Reiner appeared. The jolly look on his face faded into one of concern when he saw Maritza. "Ritz, you okay?" He asked placing a tentative hand on her shoulder. She gave a little sniff and nodded her head.

"Yeah, just some family issues." He gave an understanding sigh, and pulled her in for a hug, which she gladly reciprocated. I took this as my que to go, and said a quick good bye before heading down the the canoe shed by the lake. Beta Levon said he wanted us there at two sharp, and I wasn't going to risk being late.

« ☽ 🌕 ☾ »

When I got to the shed, Hamish was already there. "Any idea what this patrol is about? Seems fishy to me." He queried.

"Sort of. Beta Kongou brought it up at the meeting this morning. Said we should send a patrol to check out some hut across our border."

"I think I know the one. She say why?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"No clue. She was pretty vague about it. What's her deal anyway? I've heard of her before, but never met her before today." At that Hamish smirked.

"Kongou is a strange one. She'll only answer to Luna Olivia, no one else. It's not unusual for her to be gone weeks on end. Word through the grape vine is that she does secret covert work for the pack, as well as handling business deals abroad. Stone Industries is a lot bigger than Alpha Emory makes it out to be."

  « ☽ 🌕 ☾ »

It was then that I heard the sounds of more foot steps coming our way. Beta Levon lead the small group, there was Fergus and a few other wolves who I recognized from around the pack house. I was hard not to notice the smile on Hamish's face when he saw Fergus, I had to keep myself from chuckling. "Nice to see you're all here ready to go. Today we're going out to the hut by the southern ridge to scout the area. Apparently there's reason to be suspicious, so keep your wits about you. Remember to keep your eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary. If anything happens, Hamish, Delilah, and Geralt are on attack. Quentin and Jasmine are on back up. Fergus and Yitzin are on home sprint. Let's shift and move out." We all let out a chorus of 'yes, sir's' before we shifted into our wolves and started lopping towards the southern end of the territory.

« ☽ 🌕 ☾ »

We traveled through the forest at a steady pace. Onyx was on high alert within me, ready for anything. The trees seemed to fly by us as we plowed steadily on wards. It was a little while before we came to the hut over the ridge, a few people stopped to drink from a nearby brook. "Remember to keep your guard up, and don't wander off alone. We aren't in Stone lands anymore." Beta's Levon's wolf spoke as he moved almost silently through the forest undergrowth. Hamish and I went up to the hut. It wasn't anything special, old and wooden with moss growing on it. But it smelt... strange. Almost smoky. Hamish carefully nosed the unlocked door open, and I followed closely behind him. What we found inside was bizzare to say the least. There was a large circle burnt into the floor, twisted with symbols I had only seen before in Sybil's Oracle room. In the center of the circle was a large rock, with a skull on top. The skull of a wolf. But not just any wolf, it was far to large. A werewolf skull. I couldn't help but let out a unsavory growl at the sight.

« ☽ 🌕 ☾ »

Hamish's wolf, Oak, took a careful step forwards, being sure not to step in the circle that was seared into the floor. "Onyx, you're going to want to get a closer look at this." I moved up beside him to get a better view. On the forehead of the skull, there were six strange marks burned into it that looked a bit like stars. "This is really weird. It seems like something you'd see in Sybil's Oracle room, but a whole lot... darker."

"This whole thing gives me the creeps." It was then that a painful yelp sounded from outside the hut. We rushed out to see what was wrong, and Geralt had his leg stuck in a nasty looking bear trap. Beta Levon and Jasmine took hold of each side of the trap, quickly working his leg out of it. Thankfully, it wasn't broken. But it was still pretty well cut up. "We're leaving." Levon's wolf, Arbor, said in a stern tone. At that, we grouped together, and started to move back towards home at a fairly slower pace. Not long after we had left the hut on our way home, Hamish lifted his head and smelt the air as we jogged along. "Guys, I don't think we're alone." A split moment later, a wolf came hurtling through the under growth, and tackled right into Beta Levon.

Hope ya'll are enjoying everything so far! Thinking about getting another piece of art done for this story

Hope ya'll are enjoying everything so far! Thinking about getting another piece of art done for this story... We had Delilah and Talos, who would you like to see next? Comment bellow :P

« ☽ 🌕 ☾ »