19

EDIT: TW: this chapter has a lot of angst, as in characters are stabbed and all that shit. This chapter also references PTSD, DID, and other mental health issues. TW:

POV (Lovino)

--

--

"Veee...Lovi?"

I sat up, and sighed. "Feliciano, it's fucking late. What is it?"

Feliciano pointed to his room. "There's something I wanted to tell you. Let's go to my room."

Shit.

Should I? I mean, I need to find out as much as I can.

But...

Okay. I'm going, dammit.

--

--

"Sit over here, fratello," Feliciano said, gesturing to his bed. He closed the door, and locked it behind him.

"Feliciano?" I asked. "What's going on?"

"Um, well...the other day, I went to see a psychologist."

My heartbeat picked up.

"You...you did?" I asked, slightly relieved my brother had finally gone to get help. Feliciano nodded, and fumbled with his fingers.

"And, well, the results weren't good," he sighed.

"Wait, what happened?"

"Fratello, I have Dissociative Identity Disorder, also known as DID, or Multiple Personality Disorder. I also have PTSD. Normal Sense Response PTSD, to be exact. ADHD, too."

I blinked.

My brother...had been going through all that.

Feliciano's lip quivered, and he smiled a little. "I'm sorry. I really am a disappointment, right?"

I shook my head. "Feliciano, you're not crazy. If you're crazy, then I belong in a fucking mental asylum."

"L-Lovi—"

I pulled him close to me, and stroked his soft hair.

"Feliciano, I'm pretty fucking glad you told me about this. I really am. I'll support you, okay? I'd be a pretty asshole brother if I didn't help my idiot little brother in the toughest times of his life, right?" I said, gripping onto him tightly.

"...Thanks, fratello," Feliciano said, looking up to me. I gave him a small smile.

"Wipe those tears off your face," I said, grinning. "You're so much better than the fucking bastard you think you are."

"I...I love you."

I ran my fingers through his hair. It's always so soft.

"I love you too, Feliciano. I'll always be here for you, no matter how much I hate your gigantic gorilla potato bastard of a boyfriend, no matter how stupid you can be, no matter how much of a fag you sometimes are. Even if you want to kill me. I could never truly hate you, even if you hear me say I do. Because that's obviously not the case. Hell no."

Feliciano smiled. "You're so kind, Lovi. No wonder why Big Brother Spain fell in love with you."

His words pierced my thoughts, and they shattered like glass, just like that.

That's right.

Something was happening between them.

Something neither of them were telling me.