14 - My Brother

This wasn't supposed to happen. I'm not supposed to be doing this.

Being alone with Feliciano, of all people.

He could literally stab me with no warning whatsoever.

He's probably hiding his fucking deluxe hunter knife somewhere with him, ready to kill me.

So why am I even out here with him?

"Lovino, calm down," Feliciano said, looking at me. I glared at him.

"How the fuck am I supposed to calm down? I'm with someone who could kill me within half a second."

"Listen to me," he pleaded. I looked at him. There was no way he was going to fool me.

I had already been fooled many times – thinking everything was okay, when it wasn't.

"Lovino!!" he yelled, tugging onto my shirt collar. "The fuck do you want?!" I screamed, trying to shield myself.

"I...I'm scared, Lovino," he whispered. "I...what's happening to me?!"

...What?

Oh, I get it. He's trying to make me feel sorry for him.

"Feliciano, get the fuck out of my way and let me back inside," I said, trying to go back inside.

"Y-You don't understand!!" Feliciano screamed, tears rolling down his cheeks. He covered his face.

"Lovino, I've never felt like this before," he said, shaking. "What's happened to me?"

I stood, stunned. "Yeah, Feliciano. What's happened to you? Good question."

Feliciano burst into tears. "Lovino...just listen to me. Please."

I frowned. "Okay, then, go on."

"I...I don't know what's wrong with me, Lovino. I keep feeling different all the time. One minute I want to kill you, the next I want to stay away from you, and then suddenly I want to hug the shit out of you..."

"...Feliciano..."

My brother sighed, and looked away. "I...I'll forgive you, okay?"

"About time..." I muttered under my breath. He laughed a little.

"Under one condition," he said, locking his eyes with mine.

"You can't tell anyone, okay? Anything that I tell you."

I sighed. "Alright, then, Feliciano. I won't tell anyone."

"...Thanks."

Feliciano smiled. "I...I'm sorry, fratello."

"For what?" I asked, holding him close. "I'm just so fucking glad that you forgave me, Feliciano. I'm the one who should be sorry."

"I'm sorry," he said again, emotionless this time.

"For what—"

"That I can't guarantee that all the nations will be safe."

"Feliciano," I said, dropping my phone, "what do you mean?"

The sound of my phone falling to the ground echoed across the empty hall, and Feliciano merely smiled.

"Just don't tell anyone, okay? It'll be our little secret. I trust you, fratello."

"Okay," I said, sighing. "So you won't kill me?"

"As long as you don't do anything that makes me angry," he replied, patting my shoulder.