Flying

P.S the space between the paragraphs was really annoying me and I can't fix it SORRY! -.-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Robyn, this is Madam Hooch.” Dumbledory spoke as he gestured to a lady standing in front of four broomsticks; she had short, grey hair and yellow eyes that reminded me of a bird of prey.

“Good evening Robyn. I teach flying and referee Quidditch at Hogwarts; if you follow my instructions correctly you should be fine and flying in no time.” She spoke in a firm, strict manner, which boosted my confidence greatly. Hope cautiously shadowed my movements as I walked up to stand next to a broomstick; the one I’d chosen seemed fairly new but had a few twigs sticking out at odd angles, probably due to a lot of use, as well as leg holders. Awesome!

“Stick you right hand over your broom and say ‘Up!’” she instructed firmly.

“Up!” I said lowly mimicking the firmness Madam Hooch had used. The broom jumped straight into my waiting hand; I looked up expectantly for my next instructions.

“Good. Now watch me carefully.” After saying this she mounted her broom while explaining how to not slide off the end. I analyzed her movements; the amount of grip she used, where she placed her hands on the broom and how she held the broom. When instructed to mount my own broom I carefully measured my movements until I’d mimicked hers.

“Very good. Normally I’d have to correct the grip of beginners.” She praised. “When I say ‘go’ kick off from the ground, hard. You’ll rise a few feet but I want you to keep your broom steady until I tell you how to come back down. Understood?” I nodded and was then told to go.

When I rose a few feet in the air, a wave of confidence swept over me and now I knew I could do this. I hovered for a minute before Madame Hooch instructed me to lean forward slightly and touch back down; with grace and a small amount of accuracy I did as she said.

“Very well done. For now that’s all you need to know, I haven’t time to give you a whole flying lesson but I shall be flying next to you and giving instructions when needed. Now shall we go?” she asked sharing nods with Hope and Dumbledory who, I only just noticed, had already mounted their brooms and were hovering a foot off the ground. Oh mighty Jesus.

Once Madam Hooch had mounted her broom, we kicked off the ground but before leaving Dumbledory did invisibility spell on us so that the muggles wouldn’t see us; its felt like having cling film stick to you then dissolve.

The wind swept my hair out my face as it followed the light air, giving me goose bumps. Ooo la larr! With a massive grin from me we began our journey; flying seemed to come as second nature to me along with the adrenaline and I ended up pushing my broom to go faster. Spinning, diving and weaving were some of the tricks I’d mastered in the short time I’d spent on my broom so far; Dumbledory found it amusing, Hope frowned at first but then shook her head smiling and Madame Hooch was impressed.

“Robyn,” I heard Dumbledory call from above me. Pulling my broom upwards, I joined him in wonder. His hair and beard were projecting out behind him in shining beauty under the moon, curtsy of the wind; he wore goggle over his glasses and his robes fluttered about while his travel coat held them close to his person, he’d taken his hat off before we left to prevent from loosing it to the night. My Jesus vision came fairly close to the real thing, if I do say so my self, however the real thing had more awe to it.

“Look ahead us.” Was all he said before directing his gaze forward. Following his line of sight, I looked ahead only to have my breath taken away at the sight before me. Perched majestically in front of me, full of wonder, was a castle silhouetted against the moon; it’s many turrets and towers added to its mystic as if it were something out of a fairy tale. It towered above the surrounding glossy lake, which reflected its breathless picture. Without realizing it I had stop in my tracks to admire it, finding it hard to believe I wasn’t dreaming; I’d never seen something so picturesque.

“Hello Heaven!” seemed to be my only thought. Beside me Dumbledory chuckled, whoops must’ve said that out loud.

“Welcome to Hogwarts Robyn.” My mouth dropped as my eyes widened.

Obviously I knew Alby Jesus would have some kind of kingdom or something but SERIOUSLY! Wow. Just. Wow. “Come along, my colleagues are awaiting our return. Shall we?” He continued to ask.

My reply was something along the lines of “shavoajadh!” but after collecting myself I shut my mouth like a good goldfish would do and just nodded my head. We glided towards the castle but first I dived down towards the lake, pulling up a foot above the surface then put my hand out and leaned down, letting my hand trail along its surface and tickle my fingertips. Definitely real!

Dumbledory eyes watched me curiously before he beckoned me to follow him, after falling in line with Hope and Madame Hooch we proceeded to fly over towards the castle. In the lead Dumbledory began to slow as he landed down into the forest protecting the outside of the castle. We followed him and lowered our brooms gradually through the leafy canopy.

Suddenly I felt jumpy and nervous; I was actually at Hogwarts! Dismounting together, we walked a short distance only to find our paths blocked by a large set of honorable gates to which Dumbledory flicked his wand briefly. It took a mere second before they woke up and let us pass. “I think we’ll fly to the entrance don’t you?” Spoke Dumbledory thoughtfully to no one in particular.

We soon reached what Dumbledory called the Entrance Hall where Madam Hooch left us to, I presume, put our brooms away. To say the Entrance Hall was huge would’ve been an understatement; the old stonewalls were lit with the flaming torches they held, the ceiling seemed so high that the roof itself couldn’t be made out. “Robyn, I believe you have already met Madam Pomfrey?” Said Dumbledory motioning to the lady now standing next to him.

She wore the familiar matron’s clothes I’d seen her in the last time we'd met. “Hello Robyn, it’s nice to have you back.” She greeted kindly.

“Thank you.” I replied quietly with a smile. Hope and Madam Pomfrey greeted each other warmly like old friends before taking a place at either side of me to help me tackle the first obstacle. 

Presented in front of us was a magnificent stairs case, which we took time to ascend. The steps had pain shooting through my muscles, both Hope and Madam Pomfrey asked many times if my legs were okay with a nod being my reply every time. In truth I was ignoring the pain by listening to them discuss different topics like best friends would; it brought a smile to my face as well as reminding me I needed to write to Kenza!

At the top I found my gaze wandering about a large corridor; it looked similar to the design below with the flagged flooring, stonewalls and flaming torches. We stopped abruptly as hundreds students passed into a room off to the right where many voices seem to be escaping. They stared as they passed and were soon whispering about why a healer from St.Mungos was at the school, as well as wondering who ‘the person in the black cloak was’ since they couldn’t see my face under the hood of my travel cloak.

My eyes caught sight of some faces I’d seen before; the bushy haired girl, red-headed twins, the confused boy and Harry?! They slowed as they passed, they didn’t say anything but all had a look of wonder on their faces; I sighed in relief at seeing Harry okay and unharmed. Briefly I caught his eye and a look of recognition crossed his face before the other redheaded boy next to him nudged him and they entered room together.

Although a feeling deep in the pit of my stomach made me fully aware that their was something off about the castle, a lurking danger, one thought echoed around in my mind both soothing me and worrying me at the same time.

Harry was safe…but for how long?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooooooo....what are you thinking so far? o.O

VOTE! + COMMENT please! Your comments are my favourite part! I may not reply to all of them but I do read them!! :D Thankyou!

Dedicated to my mummy! cause she's AWESOME and I LOVE her! :)