Double Trouble

Over the next few days, many students from all over the place started arriving – but there were only two faces I was pleased to see; Harry being the first, I saw him the morning after Dumbledory asked me his whereabouts – I tried not to dwell on the part I might have played in bringing him here. My connection with Harry quite frankly freaked me out and although I had no problem with Harry, I decided it best to keep my distance from him where possible. We were close; Harry let me in on the things he only shared with Ron and Hermione, although I thought our connection gave off a subtle compulsion to do so, but at the same time it wasn't an 'in the way' friendship – we spoke when necessary or when important, but I doubt either of us would call each other 'close friends'. 

The other face I was pleased to see arrive was Kenza! She arrived two days after Harry did and we'd spent the rest of the week together; after we'd bought all Kenza's new books and things, we spent our time hanging around the other shops and pranking people, well... I pranked people. Kenza just watched, cried with laughter and then shook her head in bemused disbelief/mock disapproval. On our last day together, before we both went our separate ways, I'd decided a good prank was in order to cure the loneliness which would follow our separation. "Now what are you up to?" Asked Kenza knowingly amused as we walked down the corridor. I hadn't told her about my plan since I'd wanted to surprise her; all I needed now was a target...

"Magicians don't share their secrets," I smirk, winking. Suddenly, my feet trip and I hit a solid object and fall to the floor with a double 'oomft' and a groan as the weight falls on top of me. The corridor lacks lighting as I open my eyes, the only thing close enough to see is the pair of lovely chocolate brown eyes hovering above me, and whether from the lack of ability to draw breath or from something completely alien (I choose lack of breath) my stomach gives a weird little flip.

Scrambling to stand up, the stranger helps me to my feet and I look to the side to see whoever landed on Kenza doing the same... not out finest or most graceful hour, I'll admit. 

"Hey, wait a minute! We know you!" Said the boy in front of me, and now we weren't on the floor, I could see him more clearly, or rather...them. The Weasley twins, I'm not exactly sure which one fell on top of me, I just know I wasn't going to stick around to find out. 

"No, you don't." I said and bolted in the direction of the stairs, using the railing to slide down quicker. I could hear him follow me, and I'd just made it past the tables when he hit me with a leg-locking jinx. "Son of a-" I roll onto my back with my legs still locked and hit him with the full body lock jinx and laugh as he falls to the floor like a block of ice. Kenza and the other Weasley twin hurry towards us as I perform the counter curse to unlocking my legs. Much to my annoyance, the other Weasley twin frees his brother. 

"What did you do that for?!" Begins the twin I'd jinxed as gets in my face. He's at least a head taller than me but I refuse to be intimidated.

"I could ask you the same thing since YOU started it! You jinxed me first unless my jinx gave you brain freeze and you forgot." I counter angrily. 

"I wasn't the one who bolted for it! This isn't the first time you've pranked us!" 

"And at this rate, I'll make sure it isn't the last! What's the matter Weasley, intimidated by an expert?" I retort, smirking.

"Before this gets outta hand, I'd like to take my hat off to said expert and introduce myself," interrupts the other twin offering me his hand to shake, earning him a dirty look from his brother. "Fred Weasley, and you two ladies are?" He winks at Kenza and I could totally see some love heart eyes passing between them. They totally fancied each other, I was no expert, but it was obvious. I roll my eyes. I fold my arms over my chest and glare at his brother, who'd also folded his arms and was glaring me down. The moment was brilliant for its comical effect, one pair who only had eyes for each other, and the other pair only glares. 

"I'm Kenza Brindley, nice to meet you!" Says Kenza shaking his hand, blushing as she smiles cutely. Woah girl, cool it down! I huff while still glaring at the brother as we stare each other down. Damn the kid in front of me and his cute, angry brown eyes, I could totally prank him into the middle of next week if I wanted for his arrogance. "This is my best friend, Robyn!" I shoot Kenza a glare, traitor. 

"A pleasure to meet you Kenza, this is my brother George." Aha! So, the brother's name was George. "George," begins Fred giving him a nudge and a pointed look.

"Kenza," begins George, unfolding his arms as his expression morphs into a warm and welcoming smile as he shakes hands with Kenza. Dropping his hand and shoving them in his pockets, his gaze shifts to me, his expression closed. "Robyn." He acknowledges.

"George." I return, manner unchanged.

Out the corner of my eyes, I catch Kenza looking wearily between us, with Fred looking mildly amused. "So Kenza, fancy hanging out tomorrow?" Asks Fred suddenly. I zone out, thinking about all the ways I could prank George while Kenza explains that she leaves tomorrow for her school and they swap details.

I deliberately shoulder my way past George as we head back up the stairs, looking over my shoulder I quickly mutter a spell under my breath and watch George slip on the ice I'd just created. It was very funny to watch his limbs flail in all directions before eventually landing on his back. His brother bursts out laughing, I give him humorous wink. Turning onto his front, George gaze shoots daggers at me as I hold my hands up innocently and feign cluelessness. "Was that really necessary?" Says Kenza in my ear, we continue down the corridor.

"Yes. It really  was. It's only cause you fancy the other brother, and if you didn't notice, he found it funny." Kenza rolls her eyes in response. Besides, that was more pay back or them falling on top of us and ruining my plans for my surprise prank – I felt bitter about it. But it made me feel better knowing George was feeling bitter about being outwitted and out-pranked. That should make for an interesting time at school...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! 

I know this is short but it has taken me a while to get back into this story and I'm working on it. Just thought you guys would prefer a little something rather than nothing

Massive thank you to those of you who messaged me and left comments encouraging me to keep going and showing you support for Robyn, it really has kept me going. I love you guys! <3

P.S So far, I have only seen ONE comment that has accurately identified the people in Robyn's locket.

 Have fun with that, and hopefully it wont be so long before you hear from Robyn and me again ;)