I'm so excited!

I’m so excited! And I just can’t hide it

I’m about to lose control and I think I like it!

To say that I was excited about going to Hogwarts would be an understatement. My mind spun with eagerness; if I could dance believe me I would! Instead I settled for mentally singing ‘I’m so excited’ over and over again while adding a head bob from side to side with my eyes closed.

Dumbledory left about an hour ago, shortly followed by Hope; the time between then and now had gone fairly quickly, probably due to being so absorbed by the exciting change in events and my singing.

“Robyn?” I opened my eyes to see Hope stood in the doorway with my dreamless sleep potion in her hands. Giving her a small smile she came over to the side of my bed. In the back of my mind guarded barriers went up as I noticed her behavior seemed different; the different I’d established to mean she wanted to talk about the occurrence of my injuries .

“Robyn since I don’t think we’ll have time to talk in the morning, I thought now would be best.” She said putting the potion down on a nearby table before waving a chair over with her wand. I remained silent as she sat down. I wonder if I try waving a chair over, would it attack me like a flying ninja or politely do as I asked? Another thing to try before I leave…

“Since your arrival here I’ve been puzzling over several questions I haven’t had the answers to,” her eyes were trained on my face as she spoke. My gaze however was fixed on sending evils towards kitty taunting me with meows from across the room. Oh Kitty! When I get out of the bed then we’ll see who taunts whom! I thought smugly before turning to Hope with a blank expression.

“I like that kitten,” spoke Hope thoughtfully after following my gaze. “Lovely creatures cats; quiet and peaceful-” If only she knew…

“-Anyway…I know I have asked many times but it concerns me deeply and even if you don’t answer me, I feel I have to ask. What happened to you?” she asked with genuine concern.

Her concern filled my body with warmth; since 6years old I grown up believing nobody would ever care for me, Hope probably didn’t realize how deeply her worry affected me. It was for this reason that I felt obliged to give her an honest answer, no matter how vague it may be.

“Thank you so much!” I breathed with pure honesty and gratitude enriching my voice. “I can’t begin to say thank you enough for everything! But I can’t tell you I’m sorry. Believe me when I say it’s better for both of us if I don’t tell you.” I spoke sincerely choosing my words carefully. I let my emotions leak out onto my face where my sad expression became fully visible.

For a second our gazes met and I saw into Hope’s mind; she understood the urgency in my voice and expression. Her firm nod and friendly smile a second later confirmed it. “I understand. Now about tomorrow.” She said changing the subject for which I was grateful. My lit up expression must’ve given away how excited I was since it made her chuckle.

“Professor Dumbledore will arrive at noon tomorrow; you already know we’ll be traveling by brooms, we plan on arriving at Hogwarts at about 6pm in the evening, where my good friend Madame Pomfrey will meet us at the entrance hall. However tomorrow morning I’d like to get you out of bed and on your feet; your muscles have recovered from their exhaustion but now I’d like to get you walking since the long-term bed rest will have made walking seem alien. Okay?” she asked giving me a serious look. I nodded in return.

“Good. Then here” said Hope. After handing me my dreamless sleep potion and watching me drink it, Hope left leaving sleep to find me.

My eyes gradually closed as my mind began singing again.