Christmas At Hogwarts

I woke up the next morning, vaguely aware that it was Christmas; the thought didn’t hold much interest for me, I instead thought of the unsuspecting trouble I felt like causing today. By no means was I finished messing with Master’s killer’s look alike. Shuddering at the thought, I sat up in bed and propped myself against the wall, shutting my eyes. So close…so close to a relative of someone who’d tried to kill me…

NO! No Robyn. It wasn’t you he wanted to kill. Master was and he’d paid the price he’d gambled. I told myself firmly. Gritting my teeth, I bumped my head against the wall in annoyance for allowing such thoughts.

You’re in a better place now. Taking a deep, relieving breath, I opened my eyes slowly and gazed around at the makeshift room Professor McGonagall had arranged for me. Dumbledory, Professor M and Madam Pomfry- I couldn’t summon enough words to express the wondrous gratitude and depth of thankfulness I felt for them. They saved me. I smiled. 

Now quick being depressing Robyn, we have trouble to cause! My better judgement deadpanned. I smirked and rolled my eyes that we do. After dressing, the first thing I noticed when I pulled my curtain back was Professor McGonagall arranging small things around the tree in the corner of the room, next to the fire place. Something about the way she moved suggested she was anxious, yet outwardly composure became her. “Good morning Robyn” She greeted warmly, smiling.

“Morning Professor.” I returned, passing a smile.

“You’re post is on the desk. Tea?”

“I have post? And erm, yes please.” I say politely, spinning around like a ninja, I spy the post on the desk. Interesting…very interesting…I thought in an Alby Jesus’s beard moment. Feeling suspicious, I head towards the desk as though something on there might jump up and bite me. Peering curiously, I instantly notice my name written neatly on two envelopes of elegantly different scripts, each attached to a small parcel. The first I easily identify as Kenza’s from her slanted writing; the letter was a reply to my last letter but at the bottom she’d added an additional note.

P.S. Knowing you, you’ll be surprised by this gift. Don’t be, and don’t you dare send this back to me because you think you’re not worth it or I’ll come over to wherever you are and kick you in the tush ;) You’re worth it Ro, trust me! Anyway, I have the identical other half of this gift and I just wanted you to know just how much I care about you as my best friend. I’m never taking mine off and I hope you don’t either.

Love you lots,

           Kenza

                 Xxxx

I laughed, how Kenza! With a little trepidation mixed with polite curiosity and a grin on my face, I ripped off the pretty wrapping paper, which I would keep just so I could stick random bits of it around the castle to confuse people, that and its pretty. Settled behind it was a smaller than hand sized, dark blue coloured box; carefully I lifted the lid… gasping at the content. Glowing bright silver, sitting cradled and stretched out in the box, lay an intricately crafted bracelet with half a heart pendant, inscribed with the French word for BEST on it. I knew Kenza would have the fitting other half saying FRIENDS. My heart swelled; she cared about me enough to send me a Christmas gift! She was right, of course; I didn’t deserve it. Just as I was about to close the box and re-wrap it, my eyes caught the words on her letter again, or I’ll come over to wherever you are and kick you up the tush, I sigh in defeat taking out the beautifully meaningful bracelet and took some moments to attach it to my left wrist, where it hung gracefully.