Queries

“Professor, if asked you a question would you give me an honest answer?” I began as he took a seat. For me to be asking for an honest answer when I hadn’t been giving any in return was rude, I know, but with different circumstances, I was hoping Alby Jesus would understand.

“Honesty…it has its limits to be sure and must be handled with care, for being honest involves being truthful and some truths may reveal a harsh reality.” He answered thoughtfully, “In short, I shall do my best.” He smiled with a twinkle in his bright blue eyes. Whacking out the wise! Way to go Jesus Man!

“The Chamber of Secrets?” I began with composure, watching his expression carefully. Again he looked thoughtful, yet not surprised by my question. “Its been opened before, I was wondering if you could tell me about the last time it was opened?”

“Robyn, honesty I shall give but at a promise of it not being forwarded, if you wouldn’t mind?” He asked peering over his glasses at me. I nodded. “The Chamber of Secrets has indeed been opened before. It happened 50years ago; at that time I had been the transfiguration teacher here at Hogwarts. Unfortunately, the outcome of the Chamber being opened then, brought a terrible loss for the school.”

“Loss?” I questioned, feeling uneasy. A protective tug pulled in my stomach again but I ignored it.

“One of our students died after facing whatever beast lives in the Chamber.” He finished, sorrow consuming his mind for a moment before composure conquered it.

“Did you ever find out who opened the Chamber or what was in it?” I quizzed, trying to reject the knot tying itself in my stomach.

“No, for both questions. We kept a more observant eye on the students and soon enough everything calmed again, the monster has remained anonymous till this very day.”

“Is this monster the one petrifying people?” I asked unable to help my growing curiosity. Something told me Dumbledory was treading carefully with his answers.

“I believe so.”

“But you don’t think Harry is the so called ‘heir’?” I clarified.

“Not at all. Events of this powerful magnitude are beyond the knowledge of any boy or girl Harry’s age.” He said with a tone ending the conversation. For a moment I pondered and absorbed all that he’d said, all the while his gaze watching my expression curiously.

“Thank you.” I said finally looking up from my hands. “Professor, is there anywhere in the school I would be able to send a letter, please?” I asked to change the subject, as well as remembering the letters I’d written to Hope and Kenza this morning, after I’d given up on sleep.

“The Owlery provides that service.” He smiled, lingering curiosity in his features. “I shall ask Madam Pompfry if she’ll be kind enough and if you are well enough, to allow you to leave the wing.” He said getting up but paused a moment, must resist urge to victory dance and booty shake…FREEDOM HERE I COME!

“If you ever wish to be removed from the school,” Continued Dumbledory seriously, “for your safety against any danger the Chamber presents, it may be arranged. Trapped is the last thing I want you to be feeling here.” He finished with a levelled tone. You can’t get rid of me that easily Jesus man, even if sitting around here all day gives me bum ache.