Throw caution to the wind?

Christmas passed joyfully, January in the same fashion followed by February. Nothing remotely sinister happened within these months, but despite this- the nagging caution in the back of my mind would not let go of the danger lingering at Hogwarts. ‘Nothing is ever as it seems’ I knew this better than anyone from past experience, so despite relaxing into a routine which paralleled the way student life at Hogwarts ran, I never let my guard down around the school.

In the afternoons, when I had finished studying and learning for the day, I had gotten into the habit of going wandering about the castle under the pretense of going to library for the evening. Professor McGonagall seemed to trust me enough by now to not question my whereabouts, which left the school open to my curiosity. The mere expanse of the school kept me out of any real trouble as I curiously tried to gain my bearings, but every time I would find myself as lost as the last time. Due to wanting to keep myself concealed from the students of Hogwarts, on the many occasions that I found myself lost, one of my 4 locket guardians would always step forward and guide me back to familiar territory safely.

On the few occasions I left the apartment during the day and I didn’t feel like getting lost in Hogwart’s enormity, I would endeavor to find either Harry, the twins or even Juice Face Boy to shadow around the school for awhile; Harry I followed merely for curiosity sake- given the strange connection between us, I figured I might as well see whatever it was he seemed to be doing that warranted an anxious tug of protection in my stomach. As for the twins, watching them as a pass-time proved most amusing- when they weren’t causing trouble pranking the students or teachers, they were secretly plotting new pranks and ways to ingeniously make people laugh. For this reason, I mostly followed the twins- I liked the twins, I watched the way they worked to concoct their devious little trouble causing ways; sometimes I took notes of the most amusing pranks they pulled so that I could prank them with their own pranks later on! Suckeeeeeeeers.

Many came in useful, especially in the case of Juice Face Boy-then, not only could I get away with pulling the prank, but the twins would sometimes get in trouble for them! Very amusing pass-time…If I do say so myself. The twins seemed to slowly cotton on to the fact that the ‘mysterious girl’ was about the castle somewhere and still pranking them, they’d vowed to prank me, should they ever find me-the little dears. How sweet of them to try.

Hogwarts made me happier than I’d ever felt before, even when Mistress was alive...

It wasn’t until around February time, that anything unusual happened. On February 14th -Valentines Day- according to Professor M, whom I asked the significance- Professor Gilderoy Lockheart- a teacher and imbecile (if Professor M’s low muttering curses about his incompetence as a teacher and so forth were to go by) had apparently thought that a ‘moral-booster’ was needed. Much to the horror of Professor M and myself when we went down to breakfast in the Great Hall that morning, we found every wall covered with shockingly pink flowers! Heart shaped confetti also fell from the pale blue ceiling.

Most girls, as I looked around, giggled girlishly to each other in excitement, while I- hidden under my invisibility spell- gagged, failing to understand how they could bear such disgustingly ghastly and over exaggerated decoration. I snorted at the sickened looks on the male students faces and the stony-faced looks on all the teachers. I’d take one for the team later and prank Lockheart- that was a promise. Throw up a prettier sight all over his sickly pink robes and show him places him ‘card carrying cupids’ could go...

Poor Harry! I followed Harry that day and almost fell over laughing when he was hunted down and grappled by a dwarf carrying a harp intending to sing him a valentine’s message. My fun was put a dampener on when Juice Face Boy appeared so I followed him after Harry had managed to escape into his lesson. I took off my invisibility spell in order to plead desperately and-gag-romantically with a dwarf to convince it to come up with the gushiest, most embarrassing rhyme it could to sing to Juice Face boy in front of ALL his friends-I insisted. What a picture his face was! I narrowly avoided falling down the stairs laughing as his cheeks turned the horrifically pink colour of Lockheart’s robes this morning! 

When I was done messing with him, I turned my attention to the twins who’d been embarrassing Harry continuously by singing ‘His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad’ from his valentine that morning. It hardly seemed fair to let the Twins off when I’d given Malfoy hearts and flowers for his behaviour towards Harry…. so I sent them two really gushing dwarfs with a really soppy, humiliating and cringe worthy valentines rhymes to be sung to them. Bless them; their ears went crimson! They looked so appalled, I got a six-pack from laughing at them and after I’d eventually recovered myself, I took off my invisibility spell to wink at them and blow them kisses before disappearing again. If looks could kill…. well they can’t say I didn’t put my heart into that prank! I snorted.

It was while I making my way back to the library in one of the best moods ever that I had to freeze as a vision hit me; Harry, in what looked like his dorm, sat in front a dairy with the words ‘Let me show you’ written in it. “Don’t do it Harry,” I moaned as the vision ended, but I already knew it was too late or I wouldn’t have had the vision. Accordingly, some seconds after, the pull in my stomach intensified and I was sucked through a tube to land behind Harry’s shoulder as the pages of the dairy suddenly blew and stopped halfway in what appeared as the month June. Unease sweeps through me as the date box turns into tiny television screen and Harry, hands trembling, put his eye to the screen; throwing caution to the wind, impulsively I grabbed Harry’s shoulder as we suddenly tilted forwards and we were dragged into the thing.

Thank-fully with the skill of the ninja, I managed to avoid landing headfirst and gained my feet immediately; landing in a room I didn’t recognise, though from Harry’s expression apparently he did. Several portraits hung up around the room were all sleeping, while a balding man aside from a few wisps of white hair sat at the desk in the circular room, not seeming to have noticed our noisy entrance. It quickly clicked that this was a memory from whatever Harry had been reading. Not really interested in what was happening, I took a thorough examination of the room until a knock at the door drew my attention, a boy named ‘Riddle’ entered. Again I lost interest, only to be shocked by the boy ‘Riddle’ mentioning attacks. Harry and I followed the boy out the room and after spending what felt like a lifetime hidden in a classroom, the Riddle boy jumped out on a dark outline of a huge boy crouching in front of an open door and very large box. We followed.

“Evening, Rubeus,” greeted Riddle sharply. The boy hastily slammed the door shut and stood up. I analysed both boys very carefully as they spoke.

“What yer doin’ down here, Tom?” Replied ‘Rubeus’ as Riddle stepped closer. I watched and listened to the encounter as Riddle accused Rubeus’s monster of being the cause of killing a girl at Hogwarts. Rubeus, of course, roared that ‘It wasn’ him’, I scrutinised both of them and found myself more inclined to believe Rubeus, especially since the Riddle boy had a sharp, snake-like look in his eyes that immediately made me  distrusting of him. I felt sure that Riddle was deliberately wrongly accusing him, though I couldn’t entirely pinpoint why I felt so strongly sure that I was right. I just knew I was.

As I came to my conclusion, Riddle had already drawn out his wand and sent the flaming light of a spell towards the door behind Rubeus, who from the force at which the door flew open, was knocked into the wall beside him. Harry screamed. My own scream caught in my thick throat as we stared at the vast, low-slung, hairy body of tangled black legs bowled over the Riddle boy-many eyes gleaming and razor-sharp pinchers snipping. The last thing we saw before the falling started, was Rubeus leaping on Riddle to prevent him sending another spell after, the now gone, ‘monster.’ Automatically, I reapplied my invisibility spell just as Harry’s red haired friend and brother to the twins entered.

I was slightly dazed, missing the initial words spoken but caught Harry’s words. “It was Hagrid, Ron, Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago.” All I could think was that it wasn’t true!

I need to find the Jesus man! He’ll know! He’s always known. Of that, I was also inexplicably sure. He knows, and now I need to know.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all your support, it really means the world to me! Especially since I feel like I let you all down with uploads :/ You really do motivate me!

I hope you're all still interested and thank you for sticking with Robyn this far! COMMENTS & VOTES please <3

<3 Much love <3