Anemic

"Missy! Someone at the door for you!" Elle shouted from downstairs. I fumbled with my earring as I ran to get the door.

"Who is it?" I asked Elle as I flew past her. She shrugged with a knowing smirk. 'Oh god.' I thought, expecting the worst.

I swung the door open to see... Danny.

"Oh my god! I totally forgot about the notes. Here, come in." I stepped aside, holding the door open for him. He smiled and stepped in and followed me upstairs to my room.

"I'm still getting ready, Uhm, my notes are right here." I handed him a handful of papers. He looked me up and down and smirked.

"What? Is it ok? Or should I wear something else?" I stammered feeling suddenly self conscious. The red dress was a little short, but all 'the goods' were covered.

"No. You look... really good. But Lydia's going to kill you." He said smiling and shaking his head. I frowned.

"What?"

He started scanning through the pages in his hand.

"She's going to be pissed if you show her up at her own party." I couldn't hide the devious smirk. "Unless that's what you were going for." I shrugged and went to my vanity to check my earrings.

"All the notes should be there. Chapter four notes are a little vague cuz I was getting a little spacey." I said, dabbing my lipstick.

"Well, thanks for the notes." He said, standing awkwardly by my door. I smiled.

"No problem. So, are you going to the party?" He shrugged and nodded. I smiled wider, waggling my brow at him, suggestively. "With anyone?" He rolled his eyes.

"No, Missy. It might creep Lydia out, so I'm going alone." I frowned. Then had an idea.

"Then, why don't we go together? I don't have a date. You don't have a date. There will be zero sexual tension. It's perfect!" I exclaimed, clasping my hands together in excitement. He thought for a moment, then smiled knowingly.

"You don't have a ride do you?" I blushed and played with my hands.

"Well, no, but-"

"It's ok. I'm just teasing. Are you ready to go?" I smiled and nodded, grabbing my jacket and following him out my bedroom door and down the stairs to the front door.

"Bye Elle! I'm leaving!" I called, just as I slammed the door shut behind me.

*******************************************

"Jesus! I didn't realize her party was this big a deal." I said, as we searched for a place to park. The street was packed bumper to bumper with vehicles. Danny found a spot a block away and we started our walk over.

"So are you friends with Lydia or what?" Danny asked. I thought for a moment and chose my words carefully.

"By association. I'm friends with Allison, Scott, and Jackson, so that makes me friends with Lydia by default."

"But you don't like her?"

"She's just an acquired taste. I'm still getting used to her. It's mostly the way she treats others and the way she always acts so stupid that bothers me. Key word being 'act'. Everyone already knows she's a whiz, why try and hide it?" Danny nodded but didn't say anything else.

We came up to the house and I stopped in my tracks. There was Stiles' jeep, parked right out front.

"What the hell-" I muttered to myself. Danny looked at me questioningly, then at the jeep.