Sawdust

My god! These groups are bullshit. I'm on day two of being off lock down, and wishing I was locked up again. I still hadn't seen Alex in any groups or even around on campus. And noone here seemed sane enough to ask about his whereabouts. I was getting more frustrated... and thirsty. I hadn't bothered to learn anyone's name or even thier faces, they were all blurring together with the hunger. The constant hunger. I could feel it in my bones, in my skull, rattling around, trying to escape. It was the one thing that kept me right on the edge of sane and snapped. It made me crazy because I wanted to kill. I wanted the pounding beats to stop pounding away in my skull. I wanted silence. I wanted blood. But I also wanted to be able to see Elle again, without handcuffs and a bullet proof window between us. I wanted to be able to sit for hours in a ragged, blue jeep with Stiles. I wanted control over this new part of me. And by whatever diety there is, I would have it.

"Artemis? Do you have anything to add to our discussion?"

I didn't even flinch, having been studiously ignoring the group. "Nope. I'm pretty sure you guys covered it." I answered fluidly, not bothering to tear my gaze away from the windows overlooking the gardens. I smiled inwardly at the shiver that wracked the Dr.'s spine. He adjusted himself in his seat, straightened his glasses and cleared his throat.

"Do you have any questions for myself or the group?"

I turned and captured his dopey gaze with mine.

"How much do you make as a Dr. here in the loony bin?"

His jaw sagged slightly before he was able to catch himself. His bushy gray brows knitted together in confusion.

"I fail to see how that is relevant to our discussion...?" He stared at me stupidly, the way a fish stares at you through the glass walls of its tank.

"Fine. How much do you weigh?"

I watched his mouth move as though he were about to say something, but he obviously thought better of it because his jaw snapped shut before a single word escaped his chapped lips. I smirked and raised my eyebrows, waiting for his answer.

"Well if you must know, I weigh 225lbs. Why do you ask?" I stared at him for a moment before moving. In a split second I had covered the distance between us, knocked his chair backward, and stood crushing his wind pipe under my slipper clad foot. He flailed like a fish out of water, his face burning red, his lips searching for air. I removed my foot, but knelt on his chest as he tried to get up.

"Because that makes you one hundred kilos of gutless white meat. I'm ending this group now." I stood and walked out of the room, ignoring the two security gaurds who had just come bursting through the double doors. It had taken every ounce of restraint I had in me, not to rip the Dr. to shreds right there on the linoleum tiles. Audience or not. I was going to lose it soon, if I didn't find something to sate this hunger.

"He-" I whipped around, the heel of my left hand making contact with something solid, followed by a sickening crack. I froze. Alex stood hunched over, cradling his jaw in pain. He looked up at me and his expression shocked me. He was grinning like a total psychopath. I simply stood rigid, staring in disbelief. "I was trying to say 'hey', but now all I have to say is 'nice arm'."

"Sorry." Not knowing what else to do, I turned on my heel and made a beeline for the dorm. I winced when I heard his foot falls behind me, gaining on me.

"Wait! I wanted to talk to you before my next group." He grasped my elbow and steered me around to face him. I tried to look everywhere but his eyes, but they sucked me in. They were so blue, they put the ocean to shame. It was almost as if they glowed.

"Talk about what?" I did a mental cheer when I managed a full sentence without sounding stupid. He smiled, flashing brilliantly white, perfect teeth. "I don't know. Let's start with you."