Chapter Five

Dedicated this chapter to @aiya2341 because she's my soul sister. Haha, thanks you so much for your lovely comments. <3 Happy reading!

Today, I was happy. So happy that I woke up with a smile on my face. Usually, I woke up growling at anyone near me, but today was different. I woke up happy for the first time in a long time. Then I felt like something was missing, like I had forgotten something important but I couldn't make myself to remember.

It's probably not important if I can't remember it.. I thought to myself.

I unlocked my phone and opened my contact list. I smiled scrolling through the seven names saved. Then I stared at Mark's name.

These past few days, all I could think about was Mark. That night when I got my first phone, when Mark took my phone by force just to save his number. 

[That night, a week ago]

After Mark had saved his number in my contacts, he fell asleep, on me. Well, on my shoulder. 

I was frozen. I didn't know what to do. I was gonna ask someone for help but everyone was passed out. I couldn't disturb JB because he was driving. So I sat there, panicking. Then I thought, Wait.. he's probably faking it. 

So I started poking his face. I pinched his cheeks and nose. Then he suddenly raised his left hand and scratched his nose. I thought he was going to wake up, so I hurriedly pushed him off my shoulders. He didn't wake up. Instead, his head bounced off the window and landed back on my lap. I covered my mouth before a gasp could escape my lips. 

Nice going, Jenny. 

I was too afraid that he might wake up if I tried to remove his head off my lap, so I just let his head rest there. Then my hand began combing through his hair. I don't know how and why it's doing that, but it wasn't like I disliked that it did either. Then I moved to his jaw line, tracing it with my fingers. 

I suddenly became aware of how close my face was to his. I immediately straightened myself out and pretended as if I was looking at something else. Pretending that I wasn't being mesmerized by Mark's features. 

I found JB looking at me through the rear view mirror, smiling. 

Dammit. He saw. 

I was the first one off the car when JB finally parked the car infront of the dorm. I unlocked the door and took off my shoes. I ran towards the bathroom and opened the door, locking it after letting myself in.

With my back against the door, I slowly sat on the cold hard tiles. I hugged my knees to my chest with one hand and held my phone with the other. I was staring at the first number saved, staring at Marks name.

My hands began to tremble which was followed by the rest of my body when my mind kept showing flashbacks of scenes from the car ride home. 

Flashes of Mark's sleeping face filled my head. 

"I should've taken a picture!" I said regretting that I allowed the once in a lifetime chance slip of my fingers. 

"I should probably help JB wake them up." I got up from the cold tiles and walked out of the bathroom. I was about to step out of the front door when I was greeted by a drowsy Bambam. 

"Oh hey, Jenny noona.." he smiled. He touched my shoulder before heading straight to his room. JB walked in carrying a sleeping Youngjae on his back, followed by the rest of the members. They were all too tired to notice me and just rubbed their eyes. 

"Oh, right! The groceries!" I remembered. I was putting on a pair of slippers when bags of groceries landed beside my feet. I looked up and found Mark, who was half awake. His eyes were droopy which made him look really cute.