Chapter Two

"What just happened?" I asked myself while sitting on the floor of my new room, legs sprawled out, as I tried to piece together recent events. 

[2 hours ago]

"Hey.. I really appreciate you helping me out." We were on our way towards his dorm and the way there was pretty awkward, so I decided to make an effort in getting to know my new guardian.

"You said your name was Bart? Right?" Yeah, Jen. You totally appreciate his help. You don't even remember his name.

"Um, it's Mark." "Oh, sorry." 

We continued to walk without speaking to each other for what seemed like eternity. I tried breaking the silence again. "Back there.. I'm really sorry for hitting you. I just thought you were, you know.." I shouldn't have reminded him that. Stupid.

"Oh, no. It's cool. I understand." He stopped talking again.

What a conversation murderer! I'm trying to get to know him a little more before living with him and he's not even making an effort. Whatever. I should just be grateful he's taking me in.

"Thanks again for helping me." I caught a glimpse of him smile.

-------

"This is it." Mark stood beside me as we faced the door to his dorm. You could hear shouting and laughter from the people inside. One sounded like a hyena.

Mark was about to press the doorbell but then he turned to face me. "I need to warn you." He scratched the back of his head, probably regretting that he had brought me with him.

"They might get a little.." he tried to search for the right words, "excited?" 

"Mhm." I motioned him to continue. "Just don't freak out, okay?" I nodded in reply. 

"You ready?" he asked. I gave him a thumbs up and he pressed the button. 

The door opened and Mark stepped inside first. "Mark hyung!" The men from inside shouted as they began to crowd around Mark. "Where have you been?" a babyfaced one asked. Mark stepped aside to let me in and everyone turned their attention to me.

I began to get nervous from their stares and Mark noticed my panic so he said, "This is Jenny. She's going to live with us. For now." 

One of them gave me a nasty glare, obviously not pleased with the news. If looks could kill, I'd been long dead. So I did the only thing a frightened 17 year old girl could do, I hid behind Mark. 

One of them who was wearing a snapback offered me their hand. "I'm Jackson, Mark's roommate." he winked. 

-------

We all gathered in their living room floor after their brief introductions. I was sitting in between Jackson and Bambam who was younger than me. The one who gave me a nasty glare was called JB and he was in the kitchen with Mark, gathering cans of soda for us to drink. Mark offered me one and I accepted it almost immediately. I was so thirsty that when I was halfway finished with my drink, I didn't notice everyone staring at me. I released a silent burp and looked down, "Excuse me."

"How did you meet Mark?" Jackson asked facing me. He was obviously trying to get rid of the awkwardness which I was grateful for. 

"Funny story. Actually I.." and I explained everything that happened. We were slowly getting more comfortable with each other so we shared a few laughs here and there. They were all really nice to me and JB was suprisingly nice too. 

As we talked, I carefully observed each of them. They were all attractive. One of them stood out to me which was Jr. He was so handsome. He would catch me staring at him and he would smile and I would smile back. 

A clap brought our attention to JB who was now standing, "So where is Jenny going to sleep?" 

I could offer to sleep in their living room but I'd rather not. Just then Jr. raised his hand, "She could sleep in my room." He turned towards my direction and winked. Oh. 

"Ah, that's not going to work." Mark shook his head. "Someone's gonna have to give up their room." 

"How is that a problem?" Jr. asked. "I don't share my room with anyone." Everyone ignored him.

"That's too much hassle hyung. She could sleep in our room!" Yugyeom offered, "Since Bambam and I are the only ones who have their own bed, she could sleep in one while Bambam and I share the other." The young one smiled, proud of his idea. 

"That's actually not a bad idea.." Youngjae added. 

"That's not gonna work either." Mark held my wrist. "She's going to sleep in my room." I widened my eyes at his offer.

During their next 10 minutes of arguing, I kept quiet. I didn't feel like getting involved. They've decided to settle the dispute by playing rock, paper, scissors. JB and Youngjae's team were the first ones out, followed by Jr. I honestly wanted to sleep in Yugyeom and Bambam's room. Not that I was interested in them but if it means I get to have my own bed. 

"Go Yugyeom! Go Bambam!" I cheered. The young ones smiled at me. This only caused the rage in Mark to grow stronger. 

In the end, Mark and Jackson won. They gave each other a high five and tried to give me one as well but I pushed through them and followed Yugyeom and Bambam to their room. They showed me the bed I would've been sleeping in if they had won. I wanted to cry. It looked so comfortable. After silently crying to myself, Bambam showed me Jr's room. Jr's room was a small room inside of Yugyeom and Bambam's large room. Even though his room was small, it had enough space for one man to live in. His room looked comfortable and it was neat. Surprisingly, all of their rooms were clean. 

I brushed my fingers through Jr's piano keys, pressing random keys along the way. "You know how to play?" I jumped from Jr's sudden appearance. He stood behind me as his arms settled on my sides, blocking me from leaving, as he began to play. I stood still as he placed his chin on my neck as he created soft tunes. Oh my god. He was half embracing me, I think. After about 3 minutes, he released me and I didn't realize my eyes were closed the entire time. 

"How was it?" He asked smirking. "That was great. Your playing. I mean your playing was great." Ha. 

"I could teach you if you want. But it's getting pretty late." He said looking at his phone. 

"Yeah, I'd like that." I smiled and turned to leave. "Jenny," he called. I turned around to ask what and in a matter of seconds, every part of me weakened. Jr. kissed my right cheek. 

"Goodnight." He winked before slowly closing his door, leaving me completely breathless. 

"Jenny noona," Yugyeom called from his bed. I was still standing in front of Jr's door, frozen. "What's wrong?" Blush covered my face as I began to walk out of their room. "Nothing." I answered before leaving. 

I opened the door to Mark and Jackson's room which was now also my room and found it empty. As I sat on the cold wooden floor, I touched my right cheek. 

"What just happened?"