Chapter Fifteen

Jenny's POV

"Hey Jenny.." Mark whispered into my ear, still hugging me.

"Hm?"

"I like you."

I hastily pushed his arms off of me. He looked hurt. But then, his right hand slowly reached out to my cheek, his left hand followed. When his face was inches away from mine, I found myself slowly closing my eyes.

"Oh my God! It's raining!"

Without delay, Mark's eyes and mine opened. We stared at each other as the rain grew stronger and everyone surrounding us ran towards the school building.

"Ah jeez!" Mark blushed, "of all times, why did it have to rain now?"

He took off his leather jacket and hovered it over me.

"Let's go!" he ordered.

While panting heavily from the sudden run with Mark, I placed my hand on my knees and laughed. Mark and I found shelter on a bus stop with a roof outside my school's gate since we figured that there would be too many people in the gym.

"Why are you laughing?" He slung his wet jacket over his shoulder.

"Because.." I couldn't stop lauging. Why was I laughing anyway? "I always thought that kissing in the rain would be all mushy and romantic." I looked up at him, "but look at us."

My clothes were dripping wet, my white shoes were now covered with mud, my hair was probably sticking out in all sorts of places. And Mark.

Well, let's just say I'm jealous at the fact that he can still look good at any situation.

His white t-shirt was sticking to his body, slightly revealing his skin. There were tiny droplets of water falling from his bangs, to his nose, and on to the ground. And the way he stood with his jacket slung over his shoulder, Mark looked like one of those badass guys in old movies who would walk away, in slow motion, from an exploding building as if it were a daily routine.

"Stop staring."

I snapped out of my trance and looked away.

"Let's go back inside." I suggested. I was about to walk towards our school's gate when Mark blocked my way with his long arms.

"You're going back looking like that?"

"Why? What's wrong?" I wondered looking down at my clothes. "Seems fine to me.." I paused. "Ah.. I get it. I know I don't look too pleasing right now, but you still shouldn't-" Mark covered my mouth with his hand, stopping me in the middle of my sentence.

"God, you talk to much. And that's not what I meant."