Chapter Twenty-Three

Jenny's POV

"Make sure you study for your test this Friday. Class dismissed."

As soon as the bell rang, I quickly packed my notes and pens into my bag. 

"Why are you in such a rush?" Amanda crossed her arms in front of her chest. She stood beside my desk along with Kat who were both watching me curiously. 

"Sorry, I'm in a hurry. I'll tell you guys later." Before I could get up from my desk, Amanda holds on to my shoulders and lightly pushes me back to my seat. 

"You said the same thing yesterday. You haven't told us what happened with those mascots."

"She's right." Kat echoed. 

"Um.. I'll treat you guys this Friday! I'll tell you everything you want to know." I said almost pleading. The two thought about it for a while and finally agreed. With my bag in my arms, I ran out of the classroom and made my way to the front of the school. 

As I turned a corner, I crashed against someone's chest. I landed on to the floor with my books spilling out of my bag. 

"Ugh.." 

"Are you okay?" the person asked. 

"Watch where you're going!" I yelled as I collected my books without looking.

"Jenny?" said the person. The way he said my name was familiar. When I looked up, I immediately regretted running into him. 

"Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" He asked sincerely. Why did I have to run into Min Jae now of all times? It was difficult to look at him without remembering how his face looked when I rejected him. 

"I'm alright." I said honestly. He suddenly grabs my wrist and I immediately pulled it away. He grabs it again.

"You have a cut on your hand." 

"It's fine. I'm not gonna die from it." 

He ignores me as he momentarily releases my hand as he bagan to look through his backpack. He pulls out a fresh band aid and carefully places it on the cut. 

"You carry around band aids?" I asked as I watched him. 

"Uh.. It became a habit. When we were kids, you always somehow got yourself hurt. So, I would always bring them just in case. You probably don't remember." 

"I remember now.. It just slipped my mind.." We looked at each other for a moment and I immediately broke it off by looking else where.

"Anyways, thank you. I have to go now." I scurried away from him before he could say anything else. 

When I reached our school's entrance, a pair of hands grabbed hold of my waist and spun me around. I was about to scream for help when I realized it was Mark. 

"Hey," he smirked.

"How could you sneak up on me like that?" I asked pushing him.

"Not my fault. I called out your name like three times and you just kept walking." Mark said almost pouting. He looked cute.

"I did?"

"Yeah, you did," he replied. "What's gotten you thinking so hard?" 

"Let's go somewhere first." I said pulling Mark along with me.

-------

"Thank you." Mark and I said in unison after the waiter placed our drinks on the table. 

"Let me know if you need anything else." The girl winked at Mark before leaving. I glared at her as she walked away.

"So, what were you going to tell me?" Mark took a sip of his iced coffee.