Chapter Twenty-Four

Jenny's POV

I kept tossing and turning all night. I decided to skip on school since I didn't get much sleep. What caused me to stay up all night was my mind which kept replaying the scenes from the previous night. I was scared at the sudden change in his behavior. He turned from someone who used to make me feel safe to a complete stranger. I did that to him. I was the one who broke off all ties with him and I am the one to blame for everything. 

[Last night]

"I needed to see you." 

A lump in my throat had formed, which made me unable to form words. I continued to stare at the person in front of me. It has been less than a month but it feels like years since I last saw him. 

"Well, are you going to invite me in?" he smiled. 

-------

"So, what brings you here?" I asked getting straight to the point. 

"The boys were wondering on how you were doing since you haven't visited since the day you moved out..." he drank the glass of water I had offered to him before setting it down on the coffee table, "They really miss you." 

"Oh, I see." I sat on the arm rest of the small couch on the opposite end away from where Junior sat. 

"Actually, that's just an excuse for me to see you." Junior's eyes locked with mine, and for a long time until I decided to look away. 

Junior suddenly stood up from his seat and walked towards my end of the couch and stood in front of me. He placed his large hands on both sides of my cheeks, cupping my face which has turned red from his sudden contact. 

He closed his eyes and began to lean his face closer to mine. Before I could say anything else, his lips were already pressed against mine. 

My eyes widened as I pushed him away. 

"No.. I can't," I said with my voice dry. 

"Do you still like Mark?" His eyes were fixed on me, taking in every part of me as if he was afraid that I would soon turn into nothing. 

I didn't answer him. 

"Why do I even bother asking when I already know the answer?" Junior looked at the floor with gritted teeth. 

"I'm sorry..." was all I could say.

Junior was quiet for a moment as he continued to stare at the floor. Then he suddenly started laughing which was different from his familiar sweet laugh. There was something sinister about the way he laughed and when his eyes finally met with mine, it was as if Junior was a completely different person. 

He stood up straight, his much broader body towering over my small one. I took a step back while he took a step forward until my back was pressed against the cold wall. 

My entire body trembled in fear as Junior slammed his left hand against the wall near my face followed by his right hand, trapping me. 

"Junior... You're scaring me." I said with my voice shaking. 

Junior held my shoulders tightly as he pressed his lips hard on to mine. I struggled to push him away as he moved on to my neck leaving marks everywhere. His hand then made its way under my shirt. Everything was happening so fast that I could barely scream or yell. All I could do was cry. 

With little remaining energy left in me, I was able to shout Mark's name.

"Mark!" I managed to yell out. 

Junior suddenly stopped, he punched the wall hard. With blood dripping from his hand Junior cried, "Even now, you're still calling his name.." 

Junior took a step back and looked at my sobbing face to my nearly ripped shirt. He broke into tears as he realized what he'd done. 

"I'm so sorry, Jenny..." 

He took off as I sat on the cold floor. I listened to the engine of his car turn, and as it became weaker as he drove away. 

~

Short update. Sorry for the looong hiatus. But I'm back! (for now) 

comment and vote :)