Chapter 1: funnel cakes, Stalkers, and a Cyclops? EDITED

Please comment!!!! I really want to know if you like it!!!!! 

-lexi

______________________________________________________

Chapter 1

Funnel cake, Stalkers, and a Cyclopse?

I woke with a start. I looked at my clock. 2:36 AM. 

'Stupid memories.' I mumbled wiping the sweat off the back of my neck. I got out of bed and slipped into the shower letting it stay ice cold before cranking the nob as high as the hot water would go. I got out and put on my black skinny jeans, a red tank-top and some black flats. I grabbed my black jacket and walked to my window and looked outside.

New York. The city that never sleeps. Let's find out if it's true. I grabbed my violin and opened my window, and I crawled out through the fire escape. I reached the floor and started walking. I put on my Mp3 player and started listeing to Three Days Grave, Never to Late.

This world will never be what I expected 

And if I don't belong who would have guessed it 

I will not leave alone everything that I own 

To make you feel like it's not too late, it's never too late

Even if I say it'll be alright 

Still I hear you say you want to end your life 

Now and again we try to just stay alive 

Maybe we'll turn it around 'cause it's not too late 

It's never too late... 

I turned off my MP3 and walked towards a subway system. I pulled out my violin and started tuning it. When it was tuned I tightened my grip on my bow and opened my violin case for people to give me some money. I started playing some random things, next thing I knew is that I had attracted an entire crowd and I had made about 40 dollars. I started playing Say Ahh by Trey. I started playing that because I noticed half of the crowd was teens and thats the song everyone listens too now.

They all started singing, dancing and dropping money in my case. When I was all done they complimented me and I said my thanks and left. I sat done on a bench and counted my money. 

20, 40, 60, 80... the money just kept on going! It finally stopped at 236 dollars and 42 cents. I grabbed the money and started heading out to go buy a snack. 

I looked at my watch. 4:48 A.M. Two hours until school, I got time to kill. I walked a couple blocks until I found Burger King. I walked in and ordered two funnel cakes. What? There good. 

I dipped my funnel stick in the icing and ate it all. When I finished I started walking back to my apartment. I noticed a couple of guys following me and I started to get mad. My life is hell already and I don't need them to add to all. I looked up and saw a boy around my age and ran to him and gave him a hug. He tensed and looked at me with WTF look. 

"Please play along. Those guys behind you have been stalking me for the past to blocks." I whispered in his ear. He nodded his head and turned around and wrapped his arm around my waist. His grip was firm yet, gentle and warm. I tried not to blush as I looked at my stalkers and they were arguing and pointing at us then they turned around and left. The guy helping let me go and I looked at him and my heart nearly stopped. 

It was the hottest gut I've ever seen. He had shaggy messy black hair, olive-like skin tone and the most beautiful black eyes. He was wearing all black and it fit him good. His eyes though they had this darkness in them but I could see the light still and it captivated me. I snapped out of but it had felt like he had seen into my soul. He smelled of demi-god so I have to be careful.

"Thank you so much for helping me out back there." I said smiling but avoiding looking into his eyes. I didn't want to get hypnotized by them again.

"It was nothing, you new around here?" he asked me and I was unsure of what to say. I normally wouldn't tell a stranger my actual buisness or my potential wherabouts but I felt compelled to tell him the truth.

"Yeah" I said unsdeciding to stay on gaurd although I knew this area in particular like the back of my Violin.

"I figured. No one hugs a stranger like that so you must be new to New York." He said laughing a bit. Ouch. 

"Yeah well thanks." I said. Great he's a jack@ss, oh well. I turned and I saw a Cyclops just staring at us. I went completely still. The demi-god noticed and also went still. 

I looked around and there were few people walking perfect time for him to strike. I started backing up until I hit the chest of the demi-god. I felt his warm arm wrap around my stomach and guide me behind him. I saw a minotaur prepared to charge and I grew stiff. I closed my eyes and reopened them again and there was no minotaur but just an ugly cyclops as he began to come toward us.

I grabbed the necklace my sis-... I recieved long ago. I pulled the demi-god's arm towards me and I put the necklace on him. It was just a silver chain yet, it somehow managed to make him look hotter.

"What are you doing?" he said looking at the chain. 

"Trust me." I pleaded. 

"Don't move at all. Even if he charges." I whispered. 

"Are you crazy?!" he whispered/yelled. 

"Just trust me." I said and the Cyclops ran at us. He was about to get us but he started melting into green goop. I sighed and checked my watch. 5:45 A.M. Oh well I'll just be late. 

"I got to go." I said backing away. I shouldn't have done that, if he was a real demi-god he should've learned to defend himself and if he was a demi-god from Camp Half-Blood, he would know how to defend others. Still, why did I do that?

"Wait what's your name?" I asked. He looked at me stunned. 

"Nico, Nico di Angelo." He said. Nico. It suits him. His hair got a little tousled in the wind and I forced myself not to reach out to him and fix it.

"Maybe I'll see you around Nico. Thanks for everything, got to go!' I said before he could ask me anything and took off running wondering to which  Greek god he could be related to . However, I knew I should not see him again and getting close to demi-gods would put my own stability in danger but there was a part of me that hoped I would see him again. Ares would be a good guess.