Chapter 24: The second of three: The Sekhem

Previously on Nico’s POV

‘The Demogorgon preys on human flesh but will stop at nothing to devour the life and soul of a fallen black angel. The black angel will give the Demogorgon power beyond wonder and nothing will be able to stop it unless’ I whispered out loud then flipped the page but there was nothing there. I stared at the book like it had grown three heads and talked.

There has to be more than that. I looked closer at the page it was supposed to be on and you could see the page was ripped. I slammed the book closed and groaned in frustration.

-Are you serious?! There has to be more!- I yelled in my head.

I stood up and Jake looked ready to yank his hair out.

‘Is this what you’re looking for?’ I asked holding up the book and Jake face lit up.

‘Yes!’ he yelled and I tossed him the book and he scowled.

‘Be careful!’ he yelled then started flipping through the pages looking very serious.

There was a rumble outside and we all looked at each other. There’s no way the Demogorgon sent another monster already, right?!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

Chapter 24

The second of three: The Sekhem

Nico’s POV

We ran outside and there was a tall slender women and she looked stunning. She had long elegant white wings on her back, and luscious black hair that rolled down her back in beautiful waves. She was wearing a long white dress and had a long brown robe on. You could see a scabbard sword on the side of her sash a long her hip.

She looked like an assassin goddess. Hold up! What am I thinking? I love Leah! There’s something not right here.

‘Can you help me?’ she asked in an angelic voice that threw me off, not like I was expecting it to be ugly.

‘Who are you?’ Justin asked and he seemed slightly dazed, as did everyone else.

She looked up and her eyes were pitched black reminding me of some of the few demons I’ve seen in the underworld.