Chapter 12: Old hag beat me and oh I got wings. WHAT!?

Chapter 12

Old hag beat me and oh I got wings. WHAT!?

It took me a while but I finally made it to my apartment. I saw police cars everywhere and sighed. I walked behind the building and started climbing up the fire escape. When I finally made it up to my room I opened my window very carefully and slid in. I let my eyes adjust and walk to my desk.

I took out a pencil and paper and started writing.

Hey,

just giving you a heads up that I'm leaving town for a while to visit my family's grave. I'll be back soon so don't go crazy and call the cops or anything kay?

-Leah Ashwood

I smiled and thought of a good place to put it. I carefully opened the door and tip toed to the old hag's room and put it on her bedside. I tiptoed back to my room and slipped out the window and climbed down the fire escape.

When I finally made it down I walked to the front of the apartment and cops instantly recognized me and rushed to me. I stood there and acted shock as to why they were there in the first place.

'Miss. Ashwood is that you? Are you alright?' I heard multiple cops ask repeatedly. I held up my hand and they instantly shut up.

'What are you talking about? And yes I'm fine why wouldn't I be?' I asked and they all looked at each other. I suppressed a grin and they looked back at me.

'Come with us.' They said and I followed them to my apartment door. I opened the door and the old hag was talking to the cops while "crying her eyes out". When her eyes saw me hatred filled them and she quickly changed her expression to show relief.

She got up and hugged me and I felt my body stiffen at her touch. When she let me go I suppressed my urge to change clothes from her touch.

'Where were you?' she asked sounding concern I almost believed it. Almost.

'What are you talking about didn't you read my letter?' I asked confused and the news people came in and I looked at them confused. Umm, nosy much?

'What letter?' the hag asked me and I smiled.

'You're so silly how could you not see the letter right next to your bed?' I said and she glared at me slightly.

She walked to her bedroom with the news reporters' right behind her and I heard them gasp at my letter. She came back with her face red while the news people talked about her lack of observing. She glared at me and I looked at her innocently.

'Well I wasn't done visiting the graves so I'm going to go back I'll be gone for maybe a month oaky so try not to go through a panic attack mom,' I said and I heard the "awws" when I said mom. Everyone left and I went to my room to get a couple of things.

I felt a sting go through my cheek and my back hit the wall. I cried out in surprise and I saw the old hag raise her hand and slap me across the face.

'How dare you! You insolent child, making me look like a fool out there!' shed snarled and punch my stomach. I slid down in pain and she kicked me. I felt a pain in my side and I gasped.

I looked up and saw the old hag smile. She continued kicking me and I stayed silent. When she was done I felt numb. Every part of my body hurt, it felt like knives stabbing me. I closed my eyes and my back started to hurt.

I lifted myself and leaned against the wall. I wiped off the blood dripping down my mouth.

I took a step and cried out in pain. I felt tears stinging in my eyes but I pushed them back. No way was I going to cry in pain for the old hag that did this to me.

I panted and lifted myself up again. It took me a while but I finally got down the fire escape. I was pissed beyond belief. I wanted to kill the old hag and dance on her grave.

I walked back to the woods since it wasn't that far when my back exploded in pain.

I screamed in agony and fell to the floor. I heard something crack and I screamed even louder. It felt so painful; it was like people were ripping my back apart.

Tears were pouring out of my eyes and I had my back arched. I felt something come out of my back and all the pain left. I got up and looked at all my bruises and cuts I was suppose to have but they were gone or much lighter than they were supposed to be. I felt light and actually free.

I stretched and felt something connected to my back. I craned my head around and gasped. What I saw shocked me.

Two beautiful black wings were connected to my back. That was the last thing I saw before everything turned black.

....

Nico's POV

I felt myself jolt awake. I had an uneasy feeling something was wrong. I got up and saw my normal blue flame fire in the center of my room red.

I walked towards the flame and saw Leah screaming in pain. She was in the woods and I saw her back deforming. Two large black wings sprouted from her wings and I was shocked.

What. The. Hell.  

___________________________________________________________

 Hey I know it's a short chapter but I really wanted to upload something today. Hope you liked it and please comment and vote. Mainly comment please so I know what you think!!! Oh and TELL ME WHO'S POV YOU WANT HEAR NEXT!!!!!!!!! Oh and GO GREEN BAY PACKERS!!! XD

-LeXi :D