Chapter 17: Nico's feelings and Hades flashback of Maria

Chapter 17

Nico’s feelings and Hades flashback of Maria

Nico’s POV

What am I doing? I need to get my feelings clear.

I looked at the fire in the middle of the room and suddenly the fired turned blue.

‘Iris message already payed for, do you choose to accept?’ said the mist in the center of the room and I sighed.

‘I accept,’ I said sitting on my chair. Suddenly my father was in the middle of the room.

‘Hello son, it’s been too long.’ He said and I rolled my eyes.

‘You called this morning.’ I said and he looked like he just realized this.

‘No matter! Anyway when are you going to bring that girl to meet me?’ he said looking around for Leah.

‘What business do you have with her?’ I asked monotone.

‘I want to meet the first girl dating my son! Is that such a crime?’ he asked and I muttered yes but he ignored it.

‘Ohhhh, having girl problems already?’ he said and I felt my eyes go black.

‘Father what do you want?’ I asked getting frustrated.

‘I just want to meet her!’ he said defensively. He sighed and gave me a sympathetic look.

‘Listen if you haven’t got her to admit her feelings for you use the tactic I did for your mother.’ He said and I glared.

‘Persephone will never be my mother!’ I sneered at him and he sighed again.

‘I’m not talking about Persephone. I’m talking about Maria.’ He said looking tired and old.

‘I showed her what I could do with fire and she loved it. In the end she ended up admitting her feelings for her but she was beautiful and happy that night.’ He said looking off in the distance with a slight smile on his face. Then his face looked solemn.